Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone on here running a ZZ4 or other GM motor with factory hyper pistons and PM rods plus using nitrous?
Looking for feedback on a small shot like the Eddy 50-75-100 horse kit.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
you will be fine with that anything more than a 150 shot and you will start to push it especialy the pistons :yes: nos has a preset system ( powershot ) its preset at 125 shot that would be great remember that you will need the extra fuel too. make sure your fuel system is up to par also

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
you will be fine with that anything more than a 150 shot and you will start to push it especialy the pistons :yes: nos has a preset system ( powershot ) its preset at 125 shot that would be great remember that you will need the extra fuel too. make sure your fuel system is up to par also
Dead on!!! :yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I use to run a bone stock 350 all cast two bolt w/ a 280 isky hydraulic cam in my old chevelle. It would run 13.80's on the motor and i sprayed it with a 125 shot of nitrous and ran 12.30's all day long. I ran it for about two years then i built the 385. Never had a problem, but i always made sure i had the proper fuel supply AND i never run nos without a fuel pressure safety switch.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Just make a note...most people end up takng the pressure switch out...they don't seem to be very reliable for some reason. You might keep that in mind if you start to have intermittent problems.

Also, NOS is a vendor not nitrous oxide which is N2O.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i need to...

If I decide to go with a kit like the Eddy 50-75-100, can you guys give some guidance on that I need to check fuel supply wise?
Have a Holley mech pump right now, what should I be looking at for pressure to be safe for sure? Thoughts on carb jetting changes?

With the other upgrades I made even this small shot should get me into the high 11's fairly easy. That would be way too cool!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Absolutely..:yes:

Just make a note...most people end up taking the pressure switch out:yes:...they don't seem to be very reliable for some reason.:no: You might keep that in mind if you start to have intermittent problems.

Also, NOS is a vendor not nitrous oxide which is N2O.:devil:
Ricers run NOSSSSS. I sell and refill Nitrous oxide. Funny, it works in all brands of systems.:rotfl::poke::poke:

If I decide to go with a kit like the Eddy 50-75-100, can you guys give some guidance on that I need to check fuel supply wise?
Have a Holley mech pump right now, what should I be looking at for pressure to be safe for sure? Thoughts on carb jetting changes?

With the other upgrades I made even this small shot should get me into the high 11's fairly easy. That would be way too cool!
Look at the NOS Sniper kit as well. Very basic and easily upgraded. The last time I put my hands on one, the kit uses the same plate as the Cheater system so a solenoid and jet change will get you up to 200 pretty easily. Unlike the Power shot and Super Power shot systems. :yes:

Your fuel supply needs to be capable of supplying the TOTAL amount of HP you're making with a little extra room for "Margin of error" and efficiency.:yes: If the fuel pressure drops below a certain point (usually 5 PSI on most kits) you can hurt a piston faster than you can get your foot out of it!!

An ignition system with a single stage retard will keep you from having to monkey with the distributor every time you want to spray it too.:yes:

Going a couple heat ranges colder on the plugs and closing the gaps a bit is always recommended as well.:yes:

AND MOST OF ALL.....Nitrous is as addictive as crack!!:devil: DON'T GET GREEDY!! It WILL cost you.:yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Absolutely..:yes:

Ricers run NOSSSSS. I sell and refill Nitrous oxide. Funny, it works in all brands of systems.:rotfl::poke::poke:

Look at the NOS Sniper kit as well. Very basic and easily upgraded. The last time I put my hands on one, the kit uses the same plate as the Cheater system so a solenoid and jet change will get you up to 200 pretty easily. Unlike the Power shot and Super Power shot systems. :yes:

Your fuel supply needs to be capable of supplying the TOTAL amount of HP you're making with a little extra room for "Margin of error" and efficiency.:yes: If the fuel pressure drops below a certain point (usually 5 PSI on most kits) you can hurt a piston faster than you can get your foot out of it!!

An ignition system with a single stage retard will keep you from having to monkey with the distributor every time you want to spray it too.:yes:

Going a couple heat ranges colder on the plugs and closing the gaps a bit is always recommended as well.:yes:

AND MOST OF ALL.....Nitrous is as addictive as crack!!:devil: DON'T GET GREEDY!! It WILL cost you.:yes:

i totally agree with this also you dont really need to do jet changes to the carb by itself you can actually fatten a plug up with the nitrous remember the power isnt in the nitrous its in the fuel as for the kit your looking at. its a sweet deal for someone who doesnt have to much experiance with nitrous imo like someone stated above you want to make sure your fuel system can supply both the motor and nitrous kit when activated you can also run your mechanical pump and plumb another pump for the nitrous only ( holley blue pump for example and use its regulater for the pressure ( above 5 p.s.i. ) then when your done with spraying it you can shut that part down if you want to see what it will do BUT IT IS LIKE CRACK .......... VERY ADDICTIVE :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts