Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading more and more about the zero offset brake kit, and was wondering where I could get just the rotors, if anyone knows. I have some new rims with clearance issues, and I'm going to try and shim the upper arm first, then see if I need the rotors. I'll re-measure how much clearance I have before the steering arm, but was wondering if the rotors are specific.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
CPP claims they have theirs made just for them.They are 10.75 in diameter.I have always been curios if they are late 70's early 80's Malibu with metric calipers.I would go to a good parts house and look at some rotors.The zero offset are quite a bit different.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Stock GM

I have the same problem on my 66. I went with the 70's Chevelle / Nova disc set up. So my rotors set further outward. One of my friends works at a parts house. We could not find an eleven (11) inch rotor with a short hat dimension.

I have been looking into the CCP "0" offset kit.

B

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had same problem trying to use Monte Carlo spindles. It would never allow me to get the the toe in correct.

I had to go with zero-offset from CPP
I would get the kit, IF I needed it. I already have the whole disc set-up, but the rotor hubs are pretty tall, which of course pushes the wheel out. I've got about an inch and a half before the back of the wheel rubs the steering arm. But I'm worried about the fender rubbing. I don't want to cut the fender, but I will buy a couple of junk fenders to cut if I need to. Something about cutting the originals bothers me a bit, lol.

·
Registered
70 Posts
zero offset brakes

cpp zero offset brakes use your stock drum brake spindles. The calipers are s10 and the roters, caliper brackets are made specifically for this set up. Cause of this there is no backing plates that will fit this setup. I have this set up sitting here for my car but without plates they not did finish the job. I will post pictures later.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doesn't CPP offer "replacement" rotors for their Zero Offset system ? What does a person do when they need to replace their pads and rotors on the CPP system?
Now that's a great question. Wouldn't want to buy the whole kit just to get the rotors. If they stocked the rotors, I would gladly buy from them.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
They will sell you just the rotors or at least they will if you have there kit.The rotors are 10.75 diameter and the Chevelle style are 11.00 diameter.So the pads would hang over the edge of the rotor if the zero off set one were used.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
So I've been reading more and more about the zero offset brake kit, and was wondering where I could get just the rotors, if anyone knows. I have some new rims with clearance issues, and I'm going to try and shim the upper arm first, then see if I need the rotors. I'll re-measure how much clearance I have before the steering arm, but was wondering if the rotors are specific.
I was wondering what size your new rims are and backspacing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I was wondering what size your new rims are and backspacing? Thanks
They're 18's, with a 4.5 in bs. I tried looking for 5in bs, but came up empty. They're American Racing IROCs, from Summit. Wish they would have had 17s. I'll try to find what works with what I got, but if all else fails, I guess a new set-up is in the plans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts