Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as long as I stay off the NOS, I am legal.
Car was weighted at there scales me in the car 3625lbs
3.73 gear put me dead on legal for 1/8 mile a little to spare 1/4 mile.

With the gas, thats another story!

I was happy!

Remember to click on pic, then click again in the lower left corner!!

NOTE: THE PTRA http://www.headsupsuperseries.com/ will be racing Saturday at Z-Max, Realmccoy will be entered also, They had over 150 cars for practice today. I left at 8:30pm and they still had staging lanes full for over 1/4 mile.

Al

Update Video's
here it is folks!
10:45
128.69mph

Anouther Video posted.
My buddy's wife did both video's with a cell phone!

The guy in the Camaro had a onboard camera in his car!!!!!!
He was fast! But I was hallin ***!

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Very nice Big Al! :yes:

-Justin

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
So did you get thrown off the track after that second pass? LOL:turn: and what no video?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did you get thrown off the track after that second pass? LOL:turn: and what no video?
I have a Friend that took a video, he promised to have it up.

And no I was not prepared for video. I will at pinks!

Nothing was said when I made that pass. other than the announcer screaming for everyone to look at the street car. 128.69 MPH!!!!!

I did not hear it, but was told he made a big deal out of it.

Al

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
when are you in Pinks?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Great numbers AL, especially with that much weight. How big a shot did you use? Any issues with traction on the bottle?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great numbers AL, especially with that much weight. How big a shot did you use? Any issues with traction on the bottle?
Car was straight as a arrow.
I have run .14 faster 1/8 mile. I also was in 50 degree weather then compared to a beautiful 75 degree day.

A few cars had trouble once past the 60 ft. A Pro truck hit the wall 200ft out.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found this on youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea who did the video. they were filming the truck!

my 11.78 pass!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
looks like it halls rsss just like your signature says :yes: im always looking on youtube for video of my car but i never find any :no: ................ update look what i found
i fouled on on a honda but i still spanked him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXeS6qhl4k

i had a 12.27 dial he had a 12.98, i went 12.40 at 94 mph but it doesnt matter cause i still fouled out on him

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Nice job Al. We raced yesterday and all I can say the the track is beautiful. Everything is top shelf and first class. I don't like the layout of staging and the water box is real poor but everything new and ultra nice. I hope the track personal in general can improve alot. The gate was a joke with poor directions for racers, NO flexibility from staff, and people trying to back rigs up to go get credentials in buildings behind them. I told them the signs sucked and was told they would do better but once I got in lots of rigs were traffic jammed in the area. They would not allow us to pull in the gate 100 ft, park and walk back, they made us and everyone behind us back up turn around so the next guy could pull up and do it all agian.......LOL. Why walk down the lane and ask people if they had the correct stuff when you can stand in one place then tell everyone to back up.......LOL. Track was prepped well but maintenance/clean up after leaks and oil downs was very poor. I lost second round but was sent down a lane that gave me the scariest ride I have ever taken in this car. I was toast anyway with the other guy cutting a .020 light and running 5.300 on a 5.30 index but sliding all around holding on for dear life ain't fun anyway.......LOL. RM

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Way to go Al. Nice times . busting into the tens and if im correct the announcer said you drove to the track . Very cool. Im making my car into a street car again after PAO . Lack of funding to chase points races and no longer wish to spend 12 - 14 hrs every sat at the track. I miss the curfew tracks they know how to get races done.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Anouther Video posted.
My buddy's wife did this one.

Al

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
here it is folks!
10:45
128.69mph

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Hot dang Al....looking great. Love the launch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts