Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'll tell ya that it fit's perfect.....But man what a task it was....I had to loosen the headers...take the bracket off the block.(non nova block.).install the pivot ball into the bracket...with the headers hanging there I had to finagle it under the steering gear box....Then once the Zbar was in the correct position...I started the header bolts to secure the headers...then crawled under the car again to mount the pivot ball and the bracket back onto the block...then line up the frame bracket...tighten the two screws that hold that down....tighten everything down.......Two hours later.............I have a cluch.......and all is working great..........

·
Registered
19 Posts
z bar

On my 66 my z bar was trashed over the weekend. Where did you get your z bar and you say your happy with the fit. I also will be installing on a non nova block. Thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
On my 66 my z bar was trashed over the weekend. Where did you get your z bar and you say your happy with the fit. I also will be installing on a non nova block. Thanks for the report.
I got the Z bar and pivot ball from Chevy 2 only.......and the block bracket and frame bracket from Classic Ind. I think both have the intire kit...Grease the Z bar full...before you install it....or you'll never get to the grease zert...after it's in, if your running full lenth headers.....I also have to ad...You don't have to buy the frame side bracket, you can use your old one if it's still in good shape, it has a hole .. the one that I bought has a slot...I didn't use it...After you secure the frame side bracket, to the Z bar...use a rubber band to secure it to the Z bar..It will make it much easier to get it under the steering gear box...then cut it loose ...Classic Ind..has free shipping right now...call and talk with their tech guy's....800-854-1280

1 - 3 of 3 Posts