Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 62 Nova with the original door panels, they are in good shape, but have decades of dirt on them. Since nobody makes replacement door panels for a 62 I want to clean them as best I can. I was thinking about using Meguirar's #39 vinal cleaner. Does anybody have any experience with this product or do you have another idea?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser with your vinyl cleaner. That thing worked wonders on the arm rest pads and dash pad.

Greg R.

·
Super Moderator
12,020 Posts
Nova Research said:
Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser with your vinyl cleaner. That thing worked wonders on the arm rest pads and dash pad.

Greg R.
I have used the eraser and Go-Jo hand cleaner (without pumice) both with good results. Think about the crud the Go-Jo removes from your hands, and vinyl is easier to clean than skin :)

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
My buddy used a bathroom cleaner on the seats in his boat. They had like mold stains and the bathroom cleaner cleaned them up nice when nothing else would. I would try that if all else failed. Didn't hurt the vinyl covered boat seats. Just a thought. RM

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. Right now the door panels our out of the car while I'm installing sound deadner and you can tell how dirty they really are. thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've had good results from a product called Tuff Stuff. In my area, you can pick up few cans pretty cheap at the local Dollar General Store.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Vinyl Cleaners

I've used ZEP Citrus Orange, and Greased Lightening Orange Blast on Vinyl that had a lot of grease, nicotene film, and some mold on them; using a semi soft scrub brush and wipe towel dry, the stuff works great! And smells good after. You can get either one at Home Depot or Lowe's cheap. They work great for a lot of other stuff in the garage too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts