Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a while ago about a guy who claimed he had a 327 SS 1968 Nova. Well, here are the photos of the car or whats left of it. I tried to buy the remainder of the car from him thru someone else because he was mad about his NOT 327 SS 1968 Nova. Take a look at the photos now. See the one 4 piston brake assembly on the right side, the other is missing. The rear end I have now from the guy that got the rearend from him. 12 bolt 373 posi. The only things left on the car any good would be the ashtray, the one disc brake assembly, instrument cluster (maybe). When asked the price for the car, get this, $2000. , but that was with the vin tag and the cowl tag he said, as if that increases the value. After further enquiry, he does not even have the registration for it and it still is registered to the owner prior to him! The worst part of it is that I believe the car is actually an L79 car that was faked as an SS. I did some research and it seems that it is an old race car and ran whatever class the L79 would fall under. The ashtray is probably the most valuable part left on it.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/71SS427/742_zps945a4974.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/71SS427/743_zpse1951a5f.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/71SS427/741_zpse8a42973.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae20/71SS427/745_zps82ae92d2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Look on the bright side, the posts look okay. :poke: :rolleyes:

Some people just don't "get it". :no:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
If its an SS or L79 looks to be a great builder. I couldnt tell but how are the floors? The pics to me show a very buildable car. Im not saying its worth 2k but if its an SS or L79I can see it going for $1500.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What?

The car has MELTED into the ground. Can you see the green stuff growing all over it? Its a planter now. I am in Canada and we have rotted cars here, but this is bad. I do not know where your from but this is not a builder. Unless you consider having a roof a good base for a project?
LOL

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Thats a definitely a project....

And definitely a price to pay when he doesnt know at what he has...

I would get more photos ( more the better ) to see the actual condition of everything ( which we see not so hot ).....

Have to consider parts ( replacing or buying new ), shipping the vehicle ( of where ever it is ), etc......

Cowl tag info and any info to sustain your/his doubts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I got an email from a guy in Canada that claimed he had a 68 SS 327 and we did a GM of CA inquiry and it was a SS with a 350. Sounds like the same car.Name was Robart. He said the car was not repairable.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
WOW! is that a pot plant? Oh, sorry... almost got excited for a sec...

J/K

shame to see ANY car rot like that. period. and the ol'BS crap "oh no, i'm gonna fix it someday" i'd like ta punch 'em in the mouth when they say it. really!? you mean before or after it rusts, rots & grows in to the ground? what a shame...

but then look at the guys who take the A pillar and chunk of firewall and build a car... this one wouldn't be worth if it's not a rare optioned '68 but with the right money anything can be saved... especially them POSTS, which look pristine. :D

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The car has MELTED into the ground. Can you see the green stuff growing all over it? Its a planter now. I am in Canada and we have rotted cars here, but this is bad. I do not know where your from but this is not a builder. Unless you consider having a roof a good base for a project?
LOL
Like I said just basing it on the pics. The pics didn't look that bad to me. That's why I asked if the floors were rotted out.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Looks like a job for Sawsall East !:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have a 68

I already have a 68 SS project. Original paint car, taken apart in early 70s,he lost half of the parts. GM docs say, 350 4 spd 355 posi disc brakes, pwr brakes, pwr steering, console, console guages and tach, deluxe interior, buckets, spcl wheel with trim ring and center, woodgrain wheel, softray glass, exterior appearance packages. I got the rear end, buckets, console, guages, dash with tach, disc brakes. No engine or trans. But rust free original paint car. A dream body to work with. It even had the ashtray in it.
This rotted out car , I have known about it for years and tried to get it just to circulate the parts. All I was able to get was the 12 bolt posi 373. Thats it. I think the car was a made up rig years ago. That paint is not the original color either, it was gold originally. I must check the rear end ### to see if it matches the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts