Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question which I can't seem to find an answer for.

Trying to think of the best way to phrase this...

Do the quarter skins wrap under the wheelwell, such that you need to spot weld them? (vs. me cutting a big long slice and laying down a long weld). I know you need to do a lot of welding on the top, just curious about the bottom.

Does anyone have a decent picture of a quarter panel skin? All the ones I find don't show enough details to answer my question. :(

Many thanks!
mm

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quick question which I can't seem to find an answer for.

Trying to think of the best way to phrase this...

Do the quarter skins wrap under the wheelwell, such that you need to spot weld them? (vs. me cutting a big long slice and laying down a long weld). I know you need to do a lot of welding on the top, just curious about the bottom.

Does anyone have a decent picture of a quarter panel skin? All the ones I find don't show enough details to answer my question. :(

Many thanks!
mm
yeah the skin should have a lip on the wheelwell part that welds to the outer wheelhouse. you may want to look at it too. if it is rusted you will want to replace it because it does spotweld there .. i just finished doing this myself and it is more work than you think...i also got some good tips from a friend of mine who has done bodywork for 35 yrs..he told me to use panel adhesive on the lip of the wheelwell..( i was skeptical too) but he told me that this is the only way you will keep moisture out of that area that will otherwise rust out again over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts