Premium Member
2,139 Posts
One of my favorites on the site!!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Did Don ever make a YENKO SS Nova?
That depends on what you are asking.

Did Yenko ever "badge" and Nova a "Yenko SS"?
No. 1969 was a "Yenko S/C" (Super Coupe) and 1970 was "Yenko Deuce".

Were Yenko Novas "Super Sports"?
The answer here depends on the year. All 1969 Yenko Novas were Super Sports because they all started out as big block Novas and the only way to get a big block Nova was as a Super Sport. All 1970 Yenko Novas however were standard, non-SS Novas.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That depends on what you are asking.

Did Yenko ever "badge" and Nova a "Yenko SS"?
No. 1969 was a "Yenko S/C" (Super Coupe) and 1970 was "Yenko Deuce".

Were Yenko Novas "Super Sports"?
The answer here depends on the year. All 1969 Yenko Novas were Super Sports because they all started out as big block Novas and the only way to get a big block Nova was as a Super Sport. All 1970 Yenko Novas however were standard, non-SS Novas.
Thanks Scott, again you come through!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
is it wrong that the video of your nova turned me on? :confused:

lol, thats a beautiful ride, whats going on with the marker light on the fron fender though? is it just the video or are they painted on?
We actually flush mounted the marker lights. We deleted the bezel and used epoxy to mount the marker light from the inside.We closed up the gap and mounting holes around the housing by welding more metal. Since the marker lights then stuck out about 1/8" from the fender, we sanded them smooth flush with the fender.You have a good eye. Most people dont notice. Thats what i was going for, real subtle mods.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Car started as an original 43,000 mile beauty.Almost killed me to do what we did to her.When we dis-assembled her,all the GM paper tags and grease pencil marks were intact. Absolutely the most rust free Nova I have EVER seen.
Specs:
383 Stroker
350 Turbo
3:73 Auburn posi 10 bolt
All original interior less Stewart Warner Gauges
All original sheet metal less hood
Carbon fiber custom made badges
Carbon fiber tail panel
Carbon fiber L-88 hood
Custom SS YENKO grill emblem
Custom fiberglass front bumber with 69 camaro signal lights
Deleted bumper bolts
Shaved handles/locks
Air- Ride suspension & dearched rear mono springs and lowering blocks
235/40r17 235/50r18 Kumo Ecsta
Custom painted torq-thrust II with custom centers
Home built except paint/body work in a 2 car garage

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Car started as an original 43,000 mile beauty.Almost killed me to do what we did to her.
You did the job well enough, that even being purest I can appreciate your work and passion! Your car is very tastefully done!:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Custom fiberglass front bumber with 69 camaro signal lights

Home built except paint/body work in a 2 car garage
So what did you guys just cast a mold off the original bumper and proceeded from there?

Thats a nice car btw!

do you have any mmore pics / vids of the car going thru the paint process? that would be nice to see!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts