Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been having a blast running our Yenko Deuce thus summer. We tried to keep it as close to stock/old school as we could, including the steel SS/Yenko wheels, backhalved, 355SBC on gas, PG and ladder bar Dana 5:13 RE. Best ET 6.483 1/8 mile.

First pic I think is really cool, a couple of Novas launching together. Both cars run right around the 6.50 mark, so makes for some close racing. The other Nova runs a BBC, so fun to see if I can beat him to the stripe with our mouse motor.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Nice looking car. I can appreciate the stock looking race car idea. I didn't stay as strict to it as you did, but I wanted no big scoops, no lettering or decals, and the dash, door panels and carpet are still in the car. I tried to keep the fiberglass to the hood and bumpers, and all the glass in the car. :clap:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Been having a blast running our Yenko Deuce thus summer. We tried to keep it as close to stock/old school as we could, including the steel SS/Yenko wheels, backhalved, 355SBC on gas, PG and ladder bar Dana 5:13 RE. Best ET 6.483 1/8 mile.

First pic I think is really cool, a couple of Novas launching together. Both cars run right around the 6.50 mark, so makes for some close racing. The other Nova runs a BBC, so fun to see if I can beat him to the stripe with our mouse motor.

You're getting a LOT more out of your 355 than I am. What's your secret?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're getting a LOT more out of your 355 than I am. What's your secret?
No secret that I know of.

GM block, alum heads, alum intake w/reworked Holley carb, Crane roller cam, 13.5-1 comp, big tube headers. 560HP or so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been wanting to see what the Deuce would do in the ¼ mile, so the last week I have been to Rogersville, MO and Memphis, TN. At Rogersville on Sunday I ran a 10.38 @ 125 MPH, not hooking real well.

At Memphis on Wednesday, the night started off wild, as I left at my usual 5600RPM, the Deuce all but stood on its rear bumper, with a great 60’, but got out of the groove, so I had to lift. The next few passes I decided to leave a little easier, first at 4600RPM then upping a couple of hundred each pass. I was able to run a 10.346 @ 126.19 then a 10.314 @ 126.36 so I was close, but then as happens at Memphis, the fog moved in, making the track a little slippery, so that was it for the night. I think 10.20s are doable, but the MPH may not get much higher, as the little SBC is really turning some RPMS at the stripe (5.13gear).

Unfortunately it looks like racing is over in this part of the world, so will have to wait until spring to what the Deuce is capable of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts