Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing about this makes any sense, including the $13,000 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Yenko-Deuce-SS-Nova_W0QQitemZ170338630512QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a8f93b70&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1308

As far as I know none of the 1970 Yenko Deuce cars were SS's. The stripes on this aren't correct, nor is the hood, upholstery and all kinds of other stuff. He also says he has Yenko documentation, but none is shown, nor is there a pic of the VIN or cowl plate. Can you Yenko gurus shed any light on this?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Wow, nice guy. He wants to sell this car, claiming it's a real deuce, but he won't take any additional pictures (does he actually have the car), and he won't send any documentation unless the deposit is paid, but wait, there are no refunds of the deposit? What if you prove it's not real? I wonder if he'd let someone come and inspect the car?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also live in Rochester, I have never seen this car, but I will try to get in contact with him and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
100% total BS. That is NOT a real Yenko. There is just WAy too much wrong. The stipes, the hood, missing Yenko emblem on the fenders, missing stripes on the hood, missing "DEUCE" emblems on the hood, the vinyl roof (no 1970 Yenkos came with a vinyl roof that I'm aware of), only one 1970 Yenko had the exterior decor package that this car has yet it's missing the fender louvers that were part of that package and the rear pannel didn't have "SS" on it, missing the hood tach, wrong turn signal lenses in the front bumper (1970 were clear, not amber), should I go on?

Incorrect stripes:

Correct stripes:

Incorrect hood (missing tach):

Correct hood with tach:

Incorrect rear emblems and trim:

Correct rear emblems:

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice to buy Yenkos all day for 13K?
I emailed this to him, I'll post his reply (if he bothers):

"I'm interested in your car but I need to know what docs you have to prove Yenko. There is a ton of original Yenko items/trim that is missing from the car and NONE of the Yenko Novas were SS models as this car indicates it is. Can you shed some light on this for me? Thanks for your help. I'd love to take it off your hands."

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I'll give him credit, he returned my email very fast but wow! I must have hit a sore-spot to get such a nasty reply to my above question. here's his reply:

"Well first of all your facts are wrong, there are over 50 sites to prove its REAL!! but i did buy it new in 1970 and have all dealer and Yenko Documentation from day one and picked the car up in person at Yenko in Canonsburg PA. SO I KNOW ITS VERY REAL, and i dont care if it sells or not i have 15 other Muscle cars in my collection."

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Guy looks like a musclecar dealer

Only thing I can say
is the cars obviously been hot rodded at some point, and I never knew Yenko's had 68 Camaro SS Hood Grilles, its possible they do, I never saw one up close lol

So its possible, someone redid it as a hotrod, ie shifter, ugly *** wheels, racing buckets, new paint, who knows, someone bought it on buy it now,

Steve

·
Registered
914 Posts
Too many red flags. I don't think there is a car guy born that would take a numbers matching Yenko car and start flippin' out seats, tranny ect. And if he did, he would certainly still have the stock seats and 4 speed.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
This imbocile keeps changing the stories on all of the cars he's been selling. You can tell by the feedback on the one car he allegedly sold locally, that it's a complete setup to collect deposits, then screw you over. My apologies in advance to this thread's administrator; Here's the response I received asking for documentation he claims to have:

Look as*****, i bought the car new im 66 years old and i dont care if you buy it or not, so really dont waste my time LOSER

There were no SS Deuces made. This rip-off artist is doing what Ebay apparently allows for some reason! Ask the guy a question, if you want a colorful response!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170338630512&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

·
13,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This 'serious adult' needs some serious brain lessons. He goes on and on about it being a real Yenko Deuce, has Yenko documentation, is not a clone, 1 of 175, etc. etc. Then he puts a BIN of $13,000 on it:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
the yenko emblem on the trunk lid doesn't even look correct :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I asked him for the VIN because I have a complete list of every 1970 Yenko VIN. Here was his reply:

Hey a**h***, i bought the car new in 1970 and have all documentation from dealer and Yenko, so really dont waste my time F***ING DREAMER!!!
Hey A**clown the car was sold last night for $13000.00 to a Yenko collector, He has 12 others, think he knows whats real!! he flew in this am and already drove it away, SO REALLY LOSER GO F**k YOURSELF!! TOTAL TIME WASTER, THANKS FOR THE HARASSEMENT!! YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED, COME AGAIN SOON,
LOL! The bibbing ended at 20:25:58 PDT on Saturday May 30th. (source)
That's 8:25 PM in California and 11:25 PM in New York. Does anyone really think someone flew in with $13K in cash on a Sunday morning (when banks are closed) to drive off with this car? This guy lives in fantasy land.

Like i said A**CLOWN, GROW UP I KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND OWN, IM NOT YOU F***TARD, STOP HARRASING ME, WE BOTH KNOW YOUR A DREAMER AND EBAY BULLY, GET A LIFE!!
Well you are the phonie clown im a Senior Adult purchased the car NEW!! with all DOCUMENTATION!!!!! IM ALSO A RETIRED NYS TROOPER, I ASSURE YOU I DONT SCAM OR SCREW ANYONE SO AGAIN stop f***ing harassing me, the cars gone f***head notify that and get a f***ing life, YOUR A SERIOUS NUT CASE HUH?? GET HELP AND TELL YOUR PARENTS SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN COUSINS MARRY, GOODDAY

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
My Favorite Sellers

I'm going to add him to my Favorite seller list and just email the dickins out of him with questions everytime he lists something....lol.....how many on here could do the same and drive him off of ebay!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I'm going to add him to my Favorite seller list and just email the dickins out of him with questions everytime he lists something....lol.....how many on here could do the same and drive him off of ebay!
hahah. Beat you to it!!! This douche claimed he was 44 years old first, and that his dad bought the Z28 he had posted prior to this sweet Yenko. He then harassed a friend who was interested, then edited his auction, removing that whole bs story. Magically, somebody bid on the car a day later locally. He has had a GTO for auction too, and that ended with the most ridiculous, bogus feedback I've ever read! You really have to read it, you'll crack up.
Here it is!!
Ebay link

1 - 20 of 88 Posts