Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:( If a guy only knew back in the day what he knows now.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
:( If a guy only knew back in the day what he knows now.
The market would have been flooded with them and they wouldn't have the value they do!

·
13,813 Posts
With only 175 built, the Yenko Deuce was not a successful car in 1970. Ad phrases like, easy to insure, gas saving, big trunk, and small 350 cubic inch engine didn't really excite the muscle car world. There wasn't even a mention of the horsepower in the ad. The deuce was meant to remedy the high insurance costs and gas crisis of the day and the ad reflects that. I'm sure it didn't quite work out the way Don Yenko thought it would, because over 1800 396/350 HP and 3765 396/375 HP factory Nova SS cars were sold.

Bob

·
Registered
905 Posts
The ad was somewhat misleading, but if you knew what the potential was for an LT/1 in a Nova with a 4.10 gear that was not offered on any 70 396 Novas, you could figure it out. Biggest issue was sticker price at around 4600.00. That was pushing a nice LS6 Chevelle price for a bench seat rubber mat Nova. I can attest to the fact that the insurance claim worked. Don had the HP rating cut off the air cleaner so it only said 350. I insured mine as a 300 hp non SS Nova. Worked like a charm. And as far as performance. I had a 70 L78 Nova before buying this deuce new. The deuce could have ate the L78 alive. Power to weight ratio was much better. :D

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
The ad was somewhat misleading, but if you knew what the potential was for an LT/1 in a Nova with a 4.10 gear that was not offered on any 70 396 Novas, you could figure it out. Biggest issue was sticker price at around 4600.00. That was pushing a nice LS6 Chevelle price for a bench seat rubber mat Nova. I can attest to the fact that the insurance claim worked. Don had the HP rating cut off the air cleaner so it only said 350. I insured mine as a 300 hp non SS Nova. Worked like a charm. And as far as performance. I had a 70 L78 Nova before buying this deuce new. The deuce could have ate the L78 alive. Power to weight ratio was much better. :D
:D I guess it just took (or takes) money. Back then and now.

·
Registered
905 Posts
A lot of the deuces were held over into 71 due to the high sticker cost. Bought mine in April of 71. Price was down to 3600.00 and change. Only had two colors at Rapids chev in Cedar Rapids IA. Sun flower yellow, and Gobi beige, that one being a T400. I bought the SFY 4spd.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Deuce...

A lot of the deuces were held over into 71 due to the high sticker cost. Bought mine in April of 71. Price was down to 3600.00 and change. Only had two colors at Rapids chev in Cedar Rapids IA. Sun flower yellow, and Gobi beige, that one being a T400. I bought the SFY 4spd.
Yeah, but you were just a kid back then...and looking to get in trouble :devil:

Ken, hope things are going well...Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts