Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today after sitting since 2000, my 468 BB came to life again. First hit and it fired right off. What a beautiful sound. The last time i heard it run it was on a dyno in Denver after it was built. Things are looking up. Now I just need to readjust the timing etc for this altitude.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
That is a great feeling! Just ask me how I know. As you know mine sat for mmmmmmmany years on the engine stand.

:pics:

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll get a picture of the engine tomorrow. When my computer crashed earlier this year i lost a lot of my pics. But for now, here is a time warp picture of how my 69 looked when I first got it. It had the normal horseshoe shape on the hood with all of the colors in it and the bands on the side continued over the trunk and back. The car will be painted 2001 BMW Blue Steel. I was going to paint it Fathom Blue but my wife and son overruled me after going to Kool April Nites and seeing this color.

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nothing special but here are a couple of pics of my very dirty(from sitting 9 years) 468. Here are the specs on the engine:

Heads-Edelbrock performer heads(same as rpm heads except has heat crossover)

Cam-Edelbrock performer rpm cam and lifters

Intake-Edelbrock performer rpm

Carb-Edelbrock 800 cfm

Block-72 454 punched 60 over

Compression ration-9.7:1

Crank-LS6 forged crank

Balancer-Fluiddamper

Rod-stock shot peened rods

Pistons-Forged TRW

Timing chain-Cloyes double roller with 2 piece cover

Windage tray in pan

High volume oil pump with pickup tacked to it

Studs on main caps

Waterpump-Edelbrock

Alternator-Summit one wire(wired for 3) 100 amp

Crane Gold roller rockers

Distributor-Mallory Unilite with their control box and coil

Taylor Spiro Pro wires

Tci Flexplate

Engine is balanced and blueprinted with ring gaps setup for nitrous

ARP fasteners throughout

Hooker competition headers with ceramic coating

Exhaust is Summit 3" system

Rearend is narrowed Dana 60 with 4:56 gears and Dana Powerloc

Summers Bros axles

Custom drive shaft made at local shop

TCI Streetfighter trans with streetfighter converter

B&M Pro Stick shifter.

Radiator-Be Cool 3 row

This engine made 538 hp on pump gas on the dyno in Denver.

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope to have everything finished by September or October. It will go back to the body shop next week to have the primer removed as they didn't prep the metal right when they did it the first time. I will have it jammed at that time and then I can finish putting in some of the weatherstrips etc. I hope to have it painted in the next few months but it will depend on money.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I hope to have everything finished by September or October. It will go back to the body shop next week to have the primer removed as they didn't prep the metal right when they did it the first time. I will have it jammed at that time and then I can finish putting in some of the weatherstrips etc. I hope to have it painted in the next few months but it will depend on money.
Ahhhh yes....money....what can you do without it ??.....hahah.......I'd love to get my nova painted but damn.....Sometime's I wonder if it will ever get done......How's she sound anyway...??.....

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhhh yes....money....what can you do without it ??.....hahah.......I'd love to get my nova painted but damn.....Sometime's I wonder if it will ever get done......How's she sound anyway...??.....
It was a beautiful symphony to my ears. The fact that it fired and ran the first time I hit the key really got me going. The performer rpm cam really has a decent lope to it.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
What color are you going to paint it?
Mine sat for almost 17 years and lit right off. That is a great feeling and the sound is awesome. :yes:

Congratulations again!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where are you in NorCal?? I was at Kool April Nites also... Looks like a cool car.

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What color are you going to paint it?
Mine sat for almost 17 years and lit right off. That is a great feeling and the sound is awesome. :yes:

Congratulations again!:thumbsup:
Denis, I was going to paint it Fathom Blue, but my wife and son have now said it will be painted 2001 BMW Blue Steel. I must admit that it is a cool color.

Where are you in NorCal?? I was at Kool April Nites also... Looks like a cool car.

I am in Redding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts