Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(Still looking for a numbers matching Rochester quadrajet for my '71. Need a #7041202 with a 0031-0441 date code. A complete core would be perfect. Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
You did try Mark of Quadrajet Power? He is the one who purchased 1400 cores a while back. From a retiring swap meeter.
Several mass rebuilders advertise in Hemmings Motor News. Carburetor King of Jacksonville FL may be one of the biggest. Who knows maybe they sell cores unrebuilt, also.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My ultimate goal was to find a core and send it to Cliff's and have him rebuild it, as he seems like the quadrajet guru. Been bothering him for years for the right core, and now he's getting out of that part of his business.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking. The only ones I've managed to locate were from rebuilders who wanted exorbitant prices. I have a rebuilder, and really just want a core, but refuse to pay the $200 + for one. I can go on craigslist and find all of the quadrajets I want for $25 - $50. There is nothing special about the quadrajet I'm looking for, except it's numbers matching for my Nova. There's no doubt that there are countless numbers of them just sitting on a shelf in somebody's garage. Just have to find that guy.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
$200 for the correct number and date code? You need to snag that one up. Hell, I just had to pay $800 for a matching Qjet for one of my cars. Look up what big block Chevy, or Pontiac Ram Air Qjets are selling for.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the ones that are in high demand, and command that price. The one I'm looking for is a pretty common one, and there are a lot of them still around. Just have to find that guy. I don't need a carb for a concours restoration,; it would just be a plus to have the correct one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts