Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for Moog K6094 bushings. They are out of stock, back ordered etc everywhere. If anyone knows of a source please let me know.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know about the Dorman 539235. It looks to be the same design as the Moog but considerably less. Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a lot of early moog parts for Chevy II. I had some Moog K6089. I am not sure if the 62 would be different from the 63-67. I have most other bushings also. These are the early parts, in the original boxes.

Jerry in ky

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same bushing fits 62 thru 67 or so but the K6089 is the original style with separated sleeve. I want the one piece where sleeve is attached inside the rubber. If you find you have K6094 let me know.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called Wrench Monkey and they don't have either. Still looking.

·
Super Moderator
4,372 Posts
Maybe here? Shockwarehouse.com

Winch, you asked some good questions about how the bushing fits in the hole. Mine also has about 1/8 inch gap all the way around the mating surface of the bushing and the hole in the bracket on the subframe. I don't know why there's this gap. Also, it seems that there is play front to back when you match the two bushings up; the thickness of the metal is maybe .100-.125, and there is a bigger gap than that when the two bushings are compressed. Don't know why.

Shockwarehouse shows these bushings in stock. Getting hard to find old Moog parts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I placed an order with Shockwarehouse and it took 4 days for them to admit they couldn't get them and another week to get my refund.

As for the fitment question. What I need to know is does the inner sleeve fit into the hole in the bracket such that it mates up with the sleeve from the other side? I'm pretty sure they do and then there is the issue with the rubber not quite meeting up to the bracket. I've read other threads that say if you want to remove that gap you have to grind some of the edge of the sleeve down. I think another way to solve that issue would be washers around the sleeve to take up the gap.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I placed an order with Shockwarehouse and it took 4 days for them to admit they couldn't get them and another week to get my refund.

As for the fitment question. What I need to know is does the inner sleeve fit into the hole in the bracket such that it mates up with the sleeve from the other side? I'm pretty sure they do and then there is the issue with the rubber not quite meeting up to the bracket. I've read other threads that say if you want to remove that gap you have to grind some of the edge of the sleeve down. I think another way to solve that issue would be washers around the sleeve to take up the gap.
Check Chevy 2 Only for part # 25006 Strut Rod Bushing Heavy Duty for 1962-1967 Nova | GM Classics These are the K-6094 Moog Strut Rod Bushings you are looking for. Since I have a set for my 67 Nova Super Sport I immediately recognized the instruction sheet that came from Moog with these newer strut rod bushings. If you are interested, I have a complete set of the earlier design strut rod bushings that I believe also carried the K-6094 part number...just an earlier design.

Good luck. :)
Chuck

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Chuck. Chevy2only does not have them in stock and also say they can't get them. Can you send me a pic of what you have and let me know how much you want for them. Contact me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Thanks Chuck. Chevy2only does not have them in stock and also say they can't get them. Can you send me a pic of what you have and let me know how much you want for them. Contact me at [email protected]
Hi Ken,
Be glad to send you pictures of the earlier Moog strut rod bushings that I have. I also have one pair of NOS strut rods for 62-67 Nova's if you are interested.

Best regards,
Chuck

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What?? You ordered K6094 and you are sure they are on the way?

That's exactly what I did and after 4 days of waiting for a tracking number I called them and the guy checked out the order and said they are on back order and he didn't know when they would get them so I had him cancel the order. At that time I didn't realize how scarce they have become. Every where I have checked is the same thing. Some say Moog has discontinued them but unless they have them in stock I doubt you will actually get them. Please let me know if you do and I'll place an order with them again.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Hi Ken,
Be glad to send you pictures of the earlier Moog strut rod bushings that I have. I also have one pair of NOS strut rods for 62-67 Nova's if you are interested.

Best regards,
Chuck

Hi Ken,
Just sent you an email with pictures of the Moog K-6089 strut rod bushing replacement parts kit along with a page out of the Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) that specifically covers the strut rod and lower control arm assembly and torque values. The K-6089 kit was around for many, many years until they replaced it with the K-6094 kit which is revolutionary in comparison.

Best regards,
Chuck

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey AllyMcReal, have you heard from Shockwarehouse yet? I just got a set of Moog K6089. I got them from Pep Boys on eBay. Here are pics. Check out the order of them on the rod. Is that correct? It looks like it to me.

Also I removed the adjustment nuts from the struts I have for a 68 Mustang. They are the same thread pattern (11/16 x 18) but wider and thinner. They are 7/16 thick whereas Nova nuts are 5/8. I read a thread here where someone said they could not get caster set right because they were out of threads on the rod. The thinner Mustang nuts would give me 3/16 more adjustment if needed. Otherwise I don't see what difference using them would make.

If I don't hear that you were able to get sets of K6094 soon (like start of the week) I will install these.

Strut rod bushings Moog K6089 from Pep Boys.JPG Strut rod bushings sequence.JPG Strut rod nut comparison.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,372 Posts
Nope. I figure that they never had them to begin with. They are correct for stock, but I'd try to use the 6094s if I could find them and if not, the RareParts version of the same heavy duty units made by Moog. Go with the ones you have and report back how well they're doing. They worked on the cars originally back in the day!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's always been an alternative but I've read a few threads that say they can be too stiff and unforgiving. I'll try the stock first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts