Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would really love to find a good set or better yet a brand new pair of 62 hood hinges. My car is at the body shop now and the body man is having a hard time lining up the hood because of the worn hinges. The cowl to hood gap has to be at least 3/8" so the hood doesn't crash into the cowl when opening. Also the hood corners have to be pushed down after closing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just an FYI if your back corners are sticking above the cowl then lower the back hinge adjustment as far down as it will go and raise the front up.. so basically rock it down in back and up in front. Weird but it lowers the corners to flush.I also reamed the back hole a little in the hinge so it would drop a touch lower..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MPK. Tried all the adjustments but what is happening with my hinges is when you try to raise the hood, it first moves back and bumps the cowl before it starts to move upward. I think the rivets are just worn out. I will have to find a place to have them rebuilt if possible. I also will need to have them cad plated gold like original.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds good! Ya sounds like they need some repair.. Just throwing that idea out there.. even with new hinges that can be a problem so it’s good info that I learned. Amazing how many hoods I see with the corners not flush with the cowl and it’s any easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts