Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I want to keep it that way.......

With a 63 2 door, front and rear sub-frames tied, 235-60-15 Mickey Thompson ET street's, split mono leaf and Caltrac bars, at what HP and torque levels does the body start getting twisty????

Also, is there a better tire to use other than the MT ET street? They are about 1/2 gone.

Jim

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
hoosier quick time pro is a nice tire, so is the M&H tire. Maybe look into a drag radial tire instead of the ET street. Really worry about the car twisting when the doors start to not close nice. Don't know what your feelings are about a roll bar/cage. How fast do you want to go? NHRA requires a roll bar 11.49 and faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am faster than 11.49 now but don't want to change the overall appearance of the car with a roll bar but, I may have to.

Thanks on the tire advise. Will be looking into that. What tire do you run now?

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
I've got a 65 with a 32000mi body. We tied it together, rear frame rails and an 8-point roll bar. It's solid as a rock and I'm not worried that the quarters will buckle. We put the S&W kit right by the door pillar and from the side you can't see it. Better safe than sorry. Plus, I and NHRA require one at 11.49 and faster. Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts