Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this last week. I was going to get it re saudered but i heard that a lot of the time it wont hold anyways. When I heard what JB weld could do (and the wacky ways people used it) I decided to try it out. well a tube of JB weld later and Its holding strong.

I took it on a good 40 minute drive and it didnt look like it was having any trouble. It was bubbling a bit but i think it was because it wasn't fully dried yet. It was NOT leaking at all though. I did a 2nd coat after that too.

so would you take it on a 500 mile drive like this :D?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I did this last week. I was going to get it re saudered but i heard that a lot of the time it wont hold anyways. When I heard what JB weld could do (and the wacky ways people used it) I decided to try it out. well a tube of JB weld later and Its holding strong.

I took it on a good 40 minute drive and it didnt look like it was having any trouble. It was bubbling a bit but i think it was because it wasn't fully dried yet. It was NOT leaking at all though. I did a 2nd coat after that too.

so would you take it on a 500 mile drive like this :D?
damn man, you learn quick. that is something you would see on the other site we are on.
jbweld takes a little while to dry, jbquik dries faster, but has a lower max temp it can hold.
make sure you let that jbweld dry before you drive it again.

to answer your question i would drive 500 miles like that.
hell i've driven further with worse than that.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I did a repair on a F**D engine that held pretty well for a couple months, but after many heating and cooling cycles, the JB started to curl up and started leaking again. A torch and some solder is a better way to go, but cleaning off all the JB will be fun!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The JB Quick is a good way to get yourself home in a pinch:yes: but I wouldn't expect it to last.:no:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts