Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my new wagon. I would like to keep the interior in it's saddle color (the dash and painted metal parts are pretty darn nice). Now as far as exterior colors, I lean towards greens and blues. Could a color like this go with a saddle interior? I think it would, but I would love to see some examples, and hear opinions.

exterior colors:

sorry, but these are the only quick examples I could find on the web

or I may just go with a color scheme like this, as I know it would look good.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
This is not on your choice list but i think that new dodge ram copper/orange metallic color would look great with the saddle int. JMO.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
I had a 64 Impala with the saddle tan cloth and vinyl interior.

When I had the car repainted, I had it done in Champaign Gold, a 70 Chevy Monte Carlo color on the main body, with the factory adobe beige (64 color) on the roof (didn't paint the roof)

The color is very similar to the picture of that 66 Nova.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A light blue like that wouldn't go well with that dark gold /saddle interior.
Now a dark blue wouldn't look bad with that interior.
My dad has a 67 fairlane with an interior the same saddle color as yours. He painted the outside 98 Ford atlantic blue ( dark metalic blue) and it goes well with that interior color. Or even a dark jade green or deep maroon.
Theres a two tone color combo used on 56 Chevys called sierra gold/ adobe beige that might look good with that interior.
Or just stick with a light color on the outside like white, tan, beige or similar shade of gold.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
My vote

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
The copper/orange is good......:yes:
A dark burgandy or brandywine red would be good with tan guts also.......:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
This is not on your choice list but i think that new dodge ram copper/orange metallic color would look great with the saddle int. JMO.
I just had my 66 painted in the orange red copper metalic..with saddle int...Looks great..Posting pics later today...

My seats are like a cream or off white leather...but the rest is Saddle...Carpet's dark saddle..

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMO light blues & greens with saddle are a no go. Stick with the golds or dark colors ... black or dark blue looks good with saddle. Usually don't offer opinions when personal taste applies but you asked ... :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
My 64 is Saddle with the Saddle interior, here were the original color choices with a Saddle interior: Black, Dark Green, "Medium Fawn" (lighter gold), Saddle Tan (darker gold), White and Beige. Not sure what year your wagon is, but personally, I would at least stick with a stock color choice available with your interior for that year. Even if you build a Pro-Touring or other style car, no harm in painting it in an original color (but with modern base/clear, color sanded and rubbed, will have a lot more depth and "pop" than you think) - painting it a "2010 Mitsubishi Green" color may seem cool now, but in about 5 years these trendy colors start getting dated - remember all the Teal, Aqua and Porsche Rasberry color cars that looked so good in 1988, but weren't looking so hot by 1998? All just food for thought!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
My last ar was blue with a sandal color inteerior which is just a lighter tan. Looked good. But I would go with a black cherry

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,867 Posts
Pearl White !!!:yes: The Buick color looks good, Cadillac has a tad of brown in the pearl white. Good luck on your color choice !

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Green w/ Saddle Tan

You could do Saddle Tan with a dark Green. It was a popular combo inthe day. Friend of mine had a beautiful 1963 Impala SS converible that was dark Green with Saddle. Can't remember the exact name of the color, Forest Green, maybe.
When I first got married and had two little kids I had bought a new Chevy Monza wagon. I remembered my buddies 63 and ordered that color combo. It made a inexpensive chevy look more expensive, in my opinion. Actually looked pretty good when the fat tires got added. Back then, had to wait till the tires needed to be replaced, but, it made the car pretty good for a family economy wagon.

The examples of green you posted wouldn't go very well with saddle, again, my opinion and old school.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Would this look Hideous???

Hey now any of the colors except Blue. Two that I like are the Atomic Orange as I had mine this similar color 75 vette Copper Metallic with the fawn/buckskin interior. Now the color I think would be great with the interior you have is a Butternut Yellow with some chocolate and tan pin stripping that is thin 1/16th inch wide. That way the stripes don't show until you are close to the car. Even the Atomic Copper would look good with this type of stripping. Respectfully, "Bill's" II :):):):):)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts