Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so my sad tale is this... I am in the process of building a house and well, the housing market in Edmonton is going nuts right now. So I am looking at, possibly, not totally 100% sure, selling my Chevy II. I am hoping I can keep it but had a rather rough year for $$$ last due to a labour dispute @ work.

Anyways,Im trying to figure a fair asking price for the car and decide which way I go.

I bought the car just about 2 years ago for $5000, it came with a 63 Canso as well for parts, which I stripped just about everything I can use off of it. Its got a 327 with a 4spd already. I added a Demon 650 carb, Edlebrock Torker II Intake, Mallory HEI ignition, as well as a little dress up things (valve covers, k&n air filter with a proform cover) Interior wise, I put in new door panels (fronts done and the backs are coming), added new kick panels with 4x6 speakers, as well a Custom Autosound radio. As for the body, its fairly straight, only rust I know about is at the rear quaters, top of the wheel well, and the lower rear section of the quarter. The trunk has no rust, and I have noticed any rust underneth. I have an extra set of doors and front fenders as well for parts. I also have a bunch of misc parts that were with the car when I got it. Oh, and I got a vanity plate for AB, so if I sell it to an AB buyer they can have that too. (maybe heh)

I will try and some pics once I clear my webspace later today. But if someone has an idea, i'd appreciate, keep all price stuff to PM's.

Brad

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok managed to deal with the webspace.... here are a few pics:

My baby :(

From the front

Drivers side rust

Interior

Backside

Passenger side rust

Engine

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im pretty close to that... I also got a wedding to pay for next year... I'd be able to keep the car, yes, but I'd never get a chance to finish it... I dont want it to just sit in my garage for years waiting. I'd rather see someone complete it and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
The car is paid for, and you love it right?! Make it disappear to a buddys place and leave it there until you can come back to it. You will be kicking yourself if you sell it. You'll be driving down the road one day and a Chevy 2 will pass you, " Ya I had one like that ,but I sold it " Those are words yo dont want to be saying. Dont do it man , You'll regret it, Things will work out for ya. Good Luck!:beer:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh i got a couple projects, the chevy is just one of them... sure I'd miss, but I would get more depressed seeing it just sitting in the garage year after year...

As for the bike, I dont think my dad would like that since its his... I'll ask him tho hahahaha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was a tach available in '63 - RPO U16. If I understand the '63 Assembly Manual, it was part of the L30 or L32 RPO, dealer-installed 327 or 283. Unfortunately, I wasn't born yet in 1963, so I'm not sure if someone could order an individual item like the tach separate from a package.

Dale

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
still have my high school ride it sat in storage for 20yrs or so 63 GMC shorty fleetside iam going on 43 this yr ,it maybe done before i am lol shawn

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
CDN63Deuce said:
Ok, so my sad tale is this... I am in the process of building a house and well, the housing market in Edmonton is going nuts right now. So I am looking at, possibly, not totally 100% sure, selling my Chevy II. I am hoping I can keep it but had a rather rough year for $$$ last due to a labour dispute @ work.

do what you need to in the mortgage deal for the house, a little more money now when viewed over 30 years isn't much. in the future paying w/ 06 dollars and all that stuff. if you like the car, keep it and store it until you can get back to it. not easy to find another one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would be interested in your spare fenders....if that helps!!...email me at [email protected] im close ,in Red deer...did you come up with a price
for your car if you HAVE to let it go I have a buddy in Edmonton who may be
interested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you're still sellin' PM me to let me know for how much.I have a new 1000 sq ft shop thats crying to be filled and my '65 may need company

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
CDN63Deuce said:

Anyways,Im trying to figure a fair asking price for the car and decide which way I go.

I bought the car just about 2 years ago for $5000, it came with a 63 Canso as well for parts, which I stripped just about everything I can use off of it. Its got a 327 with a 4spd already. I added a Demon 650 carb, Edlebrock Torker II Intake, Mallory HEI ignition, as well as a little dress up things (valve covers, k&n air filter with a proform cover) Interior wise, I put in new door panels (fronts done and the backs are coming), added new kick panels with 4x6 speakers, as well a Custom Autosound radio. The car, from what I was told, has a facotry Tach in it (i dont know if tach's were availible in 63 tho) which he stated only 1 of 51 made with... again not sure the validity of that). As for the body, its fairly straight, only rust I know about is at the rear quaters, top of the wheel well, and the lower rear section of the quarter. The trunk has no rust, and I have noticed any rust underneth. I have an extra set of doors and front fenders as well for parts. I also have a bunch of misc parts that were with the car when I got it. Oh, and I got a vanity plate for AB, so if I sell it to an AB buyer they can have that too. (maybe heh)

I will try and some pics once I clear my webspace later today. But if someone has an idea, i'd appreciate, keep all price stuff to PM's.

Brad
You have mail.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
sthole said:
CDN63Deuce said:

do what you need to in the mortgage deal for the house, a little more money now when viewed over 30 years isn't much. in the future paying w/ 06 dollars and all that stuff. if you like the car, keep it and store it until you can get back to it. not easy to find another one.

I could be wrong, hey it happens once in a while :rolleyes:, but in Canada I have never heard of anyone getting a 30 year mortgage...or at least not in my family (there are 7 kids in my family and countless neices and nephews) They all got 20 year mortgages when they bought their various houses...and that includes my parents too...unlike the USA where 30 year mortgages are common I honestly dont think they are available in Canada.......does anyone know for sure????

Now back to the car....storing it for years is a very viable option IMO...I had my car in storage from 1992 to 2005 when I finally was able to begin to work on it again. In that time I had to move it 3 times to different locations (actually 4 times if you count the move from Ontario to GA)....The car was paid for and wasnt costing me anything...I knew that if I ever sold it I would be unlikely to ever be able to replace it...so I held on to it...there were times when the money would have been handy but it would have only been a temporary fix to the situations at the time so I always toughed them out......I had many offers over the years and would never sell, I bet they all thought I was going to be one of thse guys that wont sell "cause I'm going to restore it some day" but never does....well now that I'm slowly working on it again I am so freaking glad I kept it.......

I would keep it until you had no option but to sell it cause the contractor will not do any farther work on the new house until he gets more money....and you have used up all your other sources....but hey...thats just what I would do.....

good luck with your new house:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as the mortgage question goes, 30 year is just starting to appear here in Canada, 25 is the common one.

I know a lot of you are saying to keep, and I may just do that... My purpose was merely to get a rough idea of a price incase I do have to sell, I work with computers, ask me the price of that stuff I could rattle it off... ask me the price of cars and Im stupid :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts