Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know I got my old 70 Nova back from Ohio and have been working on it. I built this car in 1988 and everything in the front end was new at that time. My brother who has had this car since 1995 told me he had issues with the front end alighnment and had to install offset control arm shafts. I thought all the wheel stands and racing had bent the sub frame. So I tear the front control arms out last night since I measured the sub frame mounts and they are right. Sure enough the bushings are worn out and thats why the front end needed these offset shafts. You couldn't see of feel anything worn or loose without pulling the lowers out which is alot of work. I have polyeurthane bushings for it now. And I'll have to replace the outset shafts with new standard shafts now. Just a heads up if you encounter a similar problem.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Thanks for the update on that :yes:

Im also going with the polyeurthane bushings and going rubber on the body mounts...

I ll be taking photos of it all at when it begins.... I just need to make the time ( two jobs and all ) =/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts