Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there ever such thing as a early 60's Chevy II woodie wagon? I tried searching on google and google images but failed to find anything. I think it would be cool to make a woodie surf wagon out of one since the surf wagon is kind of the theme I am going for. :rolleyes:
Any pictures or info on them if there is such a thing?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man I really like that! I think with the green I want to do it would look great, especially if I can get a wood steering wheel to match! :cool:
How could I get that type of wood to do such a thing? Was this a stock option ever or just something custom done? I got the idea by your model above and that is what led me to create this thread.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Man I really like that! I think with the green I want to do it would look great, especially if I can get a wood steering wheel to match! :cool:
How could I get that type of wood to do such a thing? Was this a stock option ever or just something custom done? I got the idea by your model above and that is what led me to create this thread.
The nova wagon never came as a woody, but it should have. I think black with the wood would look cool and throw in some Halibrands and call it good.:yes:

·
6,489 Posts
Back in 2002(3?) I was at the Nova nationals and saw a wagon for sale there in the vending area. I talked to the person who bought it and he lived nearby in Indy. I told him about a plan I had in the back of my head for a wagon. 2 door woody, hardtop windshield, and roof lowered to match. I described where to run the wood along the body. He thought it was a very cool idea for the new wagon. Don't know if he ever went that way or what the status of the car is. Now that I have two wagons, I have that option but am just too busy to work on even the 64 hardtop to consider attempting something else.. Oh yeah, the power plant of choice would have been a Hilborn injection Nova 4 cyl. engine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a friend who does wood working and has a nice woodworking shop. I will ask him and see what he thinks can be done. I am not getting my hopes up or going to go way out of my way with time and money to do it but if it's possible to do it with little effort then I will do it. My main focus is just getting the car on the road and driving comfortably.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of wood is usually used on a woodie? Also where can I purchase it at? I am going to still look into it, I like the idea the more and more I look at it.

·
0 Posts
What kind of wood is usually used on a woodie? Also where can I purchase it at? I am going to still look into it, I like the idea the more and more I look at it.

The sell it @ Mcbeath's in Berkley Ca. Matter fact it's already cut. All you have to do is glue it to your car:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
242 Posts

use vinyl:yes:
like the wraps they do on company cars and city buses
any sign company that does vinyl should be able to do it
just an idea
craig

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is what I was thinking at first but what about the edges? I like the idea but I know everyone local that I know will think it's dumb and old lady looking. They already think the wagon is a grocery getter grandma mobile hahaha. I love the thing though so that is all that matters to me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts