Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to have a billet grill made for my car and have 2 '63 Grills sitting in storage so just thinking some things through.

I believe they both may be NOS as I purchased them with a bunch of other NOS parts back in '93 but don't have any boxes with them. They are in very good condition but do have some very minor shelf wear but could possibly be in the condition that they were in when new. I wouldn't hesitate installing on a high dollar restoration car without any touch-up needed. I believe I may have installed one of them 10-20 years ago for mock-up but never actually tightened bolts are even installed so shouldn't have any markings. Just curious at this point and if I decide to sell, it will still be awhile.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a billet grill for sale friend, check it out
Thanks Brooksey for sharing.

I am looking at the grills from Alumicraft. Basically a billet version of the stock '63 grill. I feel very guilty every time I take NOS parts and cut/ modify them to fit my own tastes. I used 2 NOS '63 hood diecasts trying to have them done in "Black chrome". One was destroyed entirely during the process and the other I cut and modified.

·
Registered
932 Posts

I am looking at the grills from Alumicraft. Basically a billet version of the stock '63 grill. I feel very guilty every time I take NOS parts and cut/ modify them to fit my own tastes. I used 2 NOS '63 hood diecasts trying to have them done in "Black chrome". One was destroyed entirely during the process and the other I cut and modified.
ouch!

·
Registered
665 Posts

Thats why your projects come out so nice Ben, you arent afraid to push the limits to get something perfect, just dont do it with mos stuff, use that to sell and fund your $$ builds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts