Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With alot of sadness, and a very heavy heart, I received a call from Dave Henry's wife, Pat, letting me know that Dave lost his ongoing battle with cancer. Many here know Dave by the Nova he drove, The Match Bash '65 Nova he called ""STORM WARNING"". He was one of the first guys to ask me to help him build his car, after I opened the shop, and I'm forever grateful he trusted me.
He drove that car everywhere, hardly ever flat towing, it, and logged over 3,000 miles, with his wife. The Southern California Nova contingent truly lost a diehard hotrodder..Rest in peace, Dave, and see you at the finish line......

Here is a link to the website he dedicated to the car:

http://alteredwheelbasenova.com/

One of my favorite video's of his. Teaching his wife how to drive his Match Batch Nova!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I did not know him, but still very sad news. RIP my friend.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.
"The good die young".

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Dale, I do remember Dave mentioning something about cancer a while ago but I didn't know it was that serious. I am truly shocked and saddened by this. Do you have any contact info for Pat or could you let us know of any funeral plans? I'm sure a few people from here would like to show support for a fellow car guy and friend. Thank you for sharing this. My prayers will include Pat and their family at this difficult time.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.looks like he got to enjoy the time he had driving around that hella cool Nova at least.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale, I do remember Dave mentioning something about cancer a while ago but I didn't know it was that serious. I am truly shocked and saddened by this. Do you have any contact info for Pat or could you let us know of any funeral plans? I'm sure a few people from here would like to show support for a fellow car guy and friend. Thank you for sharing this. My prayers will include Pat and their family at this difficult time.
It was a tough phone call to get from her. We were last together, as a group, at a gathering in Irwindale, and he brought out his new Camaro, but I did not know he was deep in the throes of the battle. He never complained. I have so much respect for that man.

I'll stay in touch with his wife, Pat, as it will be a bit of time before something of a memorial gets going. But, I'll get something going on our behalf soon, as they lived literally seconds from the Donut Derelicts gatherings...

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Dale,
Sorry to hear the sad news. I never met him,but he sounds like a great guy. Our thoughts and prayers are with all that knew him.
Leftcoast Carl.:)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers also go out to family and friends. Take care.

Todd

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sad to hear of the loss its sad to loose someone with so much passion for what we all love to do...we should all go out and smoke the tires for him wether we knew him or not! Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
One special day at the Donut Shop...........

And Dale finally going for a ride in "Storm Warning".........

This might have been the last time I saw Dave and Pat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts