Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Gentelmen this is my first full car build and i have a 1972 Nova i would like to build pro street. I have a couple of chassis questions if anyone can help me i would greatly apprieciate it. First on the frame end of the wishbone locator are bushings required or is it hard mounted? Next should rear end mount be free to slide in and out or should be welded in fixed position? Since this is my first build just would like to verify everything. Anyone have an opinion on track bar vs wishbone to share please do as all input is welcome. If there is anything i could be of assistance with please feel free to ask. Thanks look forward to talking to you soon.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The wishbone is a 3 point mounted device with a single slide on one end. They use rod ends at the attachment and are secured tight with the rod end as a alighnment device. I use the 4 link brackets to mount 2 ends and make a mount for the slide end. If you run tight tire claerances the wishbone keeps the rear end centered better than a pan hard bar in my opinion but it requires some routine maintenance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts