Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang...I have a question on wiring routing for the headlight wires on my 66. Since I don't have the headlights, grill etc. in place I can't remember exactly how things look all put back in place. I'm routing my headlight/turnsignal wires and wondering if the easiest way is to drill a hole in the headlight mud shields and route the wires through there into the back of the headlight buckets? I know that's not how the originals were routed, but wonder if that would be the easiest & cleanest. I ran the main harness along the underside of the gray fender support bracket (Chassisworks clip). I hate to start drilling holes and then realize the wiring needs to be routed differently to clear things etc.

Any recommenations from you that have rewired yours? Thanks

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
If your car is going to be street driven I wouldn't drill any holes in the mud shields. This would leave the wires vunerable to stones and ....Just run the wires thru the hole in the radiator support,with a grommet, and use some split ribbed wire conduit behind the headlight bucket, but still in front of the mud shield. Use some cable clamps to help keep things neat. The conduit could be painted to match the car if you were trying to hide it somewhat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts