Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a shop or individual to rewire my 71' nova in the houston tx area ? I'm looking for a professional job , no butt splices ect . I want it done right , nice and neat ! Someone perferably familiar with painless wiring . Thanks for any suggestions or comments .

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
PM SBC1320, he's in the area. Do you have the kit already? It's really not that bad to do it yourself, just get the right tools. Or, you might try some of the techs at a good stereo installation company. Watch them work and if you like what you see and hear, ask about them doing a side job.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have read good things about amwerican auto wire they make the harnesses and all you do is install them. Im sure they have a web site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiring !

Its not that I don't know how or have the tools , I had 2 strokes last year and not able to get around . I barely can drive , right arm and right leg does'nt function like it is suppose too !:( But, I'm getting better everyday !:D I'll try too find sbc 1320 , Thanks . . . . .

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Strokes suck. If I were near Houston, although one of my son's lives in League City, I'd do the job for you. He was just home, so we won't be going there for a visit for a few months.

American Autowire mad the kit I installed and it was easy to follow because all of the wires are labeled every 6" or so the whole length of each wire. I don't know if Painless does the same, but have heard good things about their kits. Tool wise, a real good set of crimpers are a must. AAW rents them and sells them and the I think the price was set by Snap-on :eek:

You will want a real good set of wire strippers, soldering iron, solder and a selection of shrink tubing. The next, and hardest tool to find, is patience.

Keep us posted on your progress, and some pictures would really help us help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks !

Thanks for the offer pete , but I will get it done by spring I'm in no hurry . Thanks for the info .:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts