Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished up getting my drive train in my 71 street strip car this is a full dressed 71 nova it will see the track alot will be drivin there and home got a msd digatal box where do u guys have it mounted in the car or in the engine compartment ? any pics i was thinking of putting it in the glove box area also got a couple of relays like 4 would like to get a clean install pics please thanks :beer::beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It sounds like we have very similar builds. I converted my car to heater only and want to keep the heater so I had to work around that. I mounted my ignition box, ignition coil and a bank of relays under the dash. I have tested everything and I will still be able to mount my heater control panel and a radio in the stock locations.

I trimmed out a new glove box liner so I actually still have about half of the glove box to use. I built an aluminum plate to mount the box to with its rubber vibration isolators. They have a stud on one end and a threaded hole on the other. I can get to the four screws with everything assembled and ignition box drops straight down under the dash in case I need to service it for any reason. The aluminum plate mounts to the heater case and to the reinforcement above the glove box door next to where the striker mounts. The aluminum plate acts as a heat shield from the heater case and exposes the cooing fins on the ignition box to heat free air under the dash.

As you can see, nothing hangs low enough to be seen from any vantage point.

I mounted my coil and a bank of relays to the factory brace under the dash. I built a plate (not shown) with two studs to mount the coil. I can reach the nuts from under the dash with a boxed end wrench and the coil and its clamping bracket drop out the bottom so I can remove the wire connections and free it from the car. The relays mount in a similar fashion and plug in from the bottom with the wires entering from the top.

The relays run all this junk.

Hope this helps,

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts