Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help please just purchased a 1974 nova 350 roller 350 trans. the guy told me it was drag raced heres the problem though full of holley performance parts i dont understand. it has an annihlator box , a laser steet coil and distrbitor cap. it wont fire, got the box to get the electric fuel pump working and sprays gas in the carb but no spark,is the a way just to bypass all of this and run a wire from the battery to the distribitor. this car is also a wiring nightmare dont know if they just decided to add and pull everywire imaginable or what?? any input on how to just avoid this setup or if theres something to test the box or coil .will appreciate any input thanks

·
6,498 Posts
I would look and see if there is a troubleshooting guide online from the manufacturer of the ignition system.
The system probably an ignition 12 volt wire, possibly a constant 12 volt connection, a ground, and maybe a tach output wire.
If there is no ignition 12 volt present to the box then this would keep it from firing. If the system has a constant 12 volt connection and this is not powered up, this would keep it from firing. If the system has a ground and it's not grounded this too could keep it from firing. If the tach output wire is grounded this too would keep a system from working. One bad connection could keep it from working and it's possible something inside the control box has failed or another part of the system has gone south.

After you get wiring info, start checking things with a meter.

Did the car run before ?. What's changed since then ?

Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, it was running the guy let the battery die which according to some racers ive talked to this system is very delicate and needs a constant 10v or a slow drain could cause some failures also he may of tried to jump it off which is a no-no for such an expensive system. either way thanks for the input i will try to post some pics soon shes no prom queen ,but with close to 450hp if i get her running she'll turn a few heads, did i mention this is a secret project for my best friend and his 14yr old nephew im having to keep it down the street at someone elses house till his bday august 31st. then its all theres!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts