Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 65 ss drag car that I want to put back on the street.
I'll restore it later but for now I need to wire the turn signals and brake lights.
I did a search but I didn't find a thread for this.
It allready has head lights and tail lights.

The tail lights are wired to a flip switch.

I made a new connection for the brake lights that I wired to another flip switch. They both work good.

What I am having a hard time with is the turn signals. I'm wiring them to a
seperate 3 way flip switch. I wired it up and it works but the left and right lights come on together. I'm having a brain freeze! Can someone draw me a picture? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
you may have to wire your turnsignals independently from each other using a single pole single throw switch ( spst switch ) one for the right side of the vehicle and one for the left side of the vehicle

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I don't have a turn signal switch`or any of the original wiring.
Does the brake lights hook to the tail lights or do they use the other wire?
there should be a little plastic switch under the brake arm it is the switch for the brake lights your running lights would go through the dash switch the brake lights do go through the tail lights only when that circut is used ( at night mostly )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there should be a little plastic switch under the brake arm it is the switch for the brake lights your running lights would go through the dash switch the brake lights do go through the tail lights only when that circut is used ( at night mostly )
That makes sense, I'll give it a try!
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts