Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a couple of questions and that is does anyone know if this connector is made in a pigtail or where a person could get one? Also how does the wiring disconnect from the plastic housing? I have a wire broke off and need to get the end out. Thanks for any help that can be given.

:yes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can get the connectors out of the the plug. It takes a little tool to bend a tab down, and then it pulls out the back. The tool is a little tiny almost like a small as heck flat head screw driver. come in from the front to push the tab down and pull it out the back. Might be best top go to a wrecking yard and get one to play with to understand how it works. My .02$

·
Registered
440 Posts
Those connectors actually have 2 tabs, one on each side. I made a tool from a thin strip of sheet metal bent into a U. slide each end in along side of the connector from the front and the wire with connector will pull out the back.

I have several old harnesses I could send you a lead to plug back in if you need. Let me know. (shipping from Canada so it may not be quick).
Gary

·
Registered
108 Posts
You are correct my friend:yes:

Those connectors actually have 2 tabs, one on each side. I made a tool from a thin strip of sheet metal bent into a U. slide each end in along side of the connector from the front and the wire with connector will pull out the back.

I have several old harnesses I could send you a lead to plug back in if you need. Let me know. (shipping from Canada so it may not be quick).
Gary

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to think everyone for the information. Tried using a paper clip but could not seem to work out. Took the paper clip and flatened each end up about 1/2" which made it like a little screw driver. Worked great. Got it out ! ! ! ! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary, I'm sending you a PM

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts