Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like this setup is for a washer system yet my car never had any lines, hoses or washer reservoir. I may just put this back the way I originally had it, or buy the washer kit. But just want to confirm this has the pump and I could easily get the other parts needed OR can I somehow remove the pump mechanism and use this simply as a wiper motor, cause I may never need or use the windshield washing system.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Yes, that has the pump on it. Yes, it's removable if you don't want to use it. Yes, your car did leave the factory with a washer set up, someone probably removed it when it quit working.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
part of the pump mechanism is missing, there is nowhere to hook the wires

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
part of the pump mechanism is missing, there is nowhere to hook the wires there should be 2 spade connectors sticking from the black cover

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They are there, I just didn't push down the cover all the way .

Took a look at my original wiring harness and is has the connections for both the 2 terminal wiper motor and also the 3 terminal pump. I plan to install it as it is and leave it alone. maybe down the road, hook up a washer system should I decide I need it and want to undertake a small project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts