Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find wiper blade refills for my 62, what works, don't mind cutting to size. thanks for any help

Tony

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Wiper blades

I'm sure you won't put 120k miles a year like I do on my rig but these http://www.silblade.com/ are awsome.
Pricey, yes, but I've got over 200k miles on my original set.:yes:
Something to think about for your daily or someone that drives a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't care just need to put them on , I live in Ca. not much rain, and won't go out in rain if I don't have to. Just want them on, or should I say the wife wants them on.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try Auto Zone

Found some for my 63 at Auto Zone finally it was like $14 for refills but had to do slight modifications to get them on but they are working great!:yes:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
i see you are in sacramento.i found some refills down at tognotti's.none of the chain stores sell refills anymore.

·
13,707 Posts
Probably a good time to remind everybody that hardtop and convertible wiper blades are a different size than sedans and wagons. Hardtops and convertibles are 13 inches, sedans and wagons are 15 inches.
When I got my L79 SS it failed the safety inspection test because it had 15 inch blades on it. The car had never been in the rain since restoration, so the incorrect wipers had gone undetected. I raced home and took the 13 inch blades off my 63 SS convertible, put them on the L79 and passed the test:).

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts