Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put new wiper blades on my 65 and they've been giving me issues. No matter how hard I tighten that single flathead screw, both blades will rotate on the first actuation and get hung up on the windshield seal. The mechanism and linkage operates smooth.

That little toothed wheel doesn't seem to do anything, as the underside of where the flathead screw goes is completely smooth inside. I would've expected it to have an internal set of teeth to engage with and prevent rotation.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
i'm going by my 66 an my wiper arm isn't like that with that bango shaped thing. my blade just snaps into the wiper arm. what does the end of your arm look like, does it look like the end of that bango shaped thing. post a picture of the end of your wiper arm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm going by my 66 an my wiper arm isn't like that with that bango shaped thing. my blade just snaps into the wiper arm. what does the end of your arm look like, does it look like the end of that bango shaped thing. post a picture of the end of your wiper arm.
Yeah I should just remove the banjos and toothed gear adapters, maybe they aren't even factory? Then just move the arm to adjust it at the base where the spring is so it doesn't get hung up on either the top or bottom of the windshield.

Not sure why I didn't think of eliminating it but thanks for that advice haha.

·
Registered
66 Chevy II, 67 Chevy II, 65 C10
915 Posts
my 65 c10 has similar wipers but it has two of the gears that lock together

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
i'll go measure my arms an blade ass'y. my first thought you got the wrong arms. my arm is 13'' from center were it connects to the tip an the blade ass'y is also 13''

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,746 Posts
Yeah I should just remove the banjos and toothed gear adapters, maybe they aren't even factory? Then just move the arm to adjust it at the base where the spring is so it doesn't get hung up on either the top or bottom of the windshield.

Not sure why I didn't think of eliminating it but thanks for that advice haha.

View attachment 422020
My '65 uses 13" blades and does not have the banjo thingy. Pull it off and adjust at the base like you just mentioned and it
should work out fine for you.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I recently put new wiper blades on my 65 and they've been giving me issues. No matter how hard I tighten that single flathead screw, both blades will rotate on the first actuation and get hung up on the windshield seal. The mechanism and linkage operates smooth.

That little toothed wheel doesn't seem to do anything, as the underside of where the flathead screw goes is completely smooth inside. I would've expected it to have an internal set of teeth to engage with and prevent rotation.

What am I missing?

View attachment 421994

View attachment 421995
Speedy.... did you get the blades to finally work ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts