Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how the complete wiper arm with blade come off on a 95 S 10 pick up? i cant get it off. i need to remove the cowl vent panel so they have to come off... can anyone help? thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thats exactly how my 97 wiper arms came off, remove nut and start wiggling. Mine were press on pretty tight so it took a lot of wigglying:
the wiper arm not me:rolleyes!!!!

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,636 Posts
On my 91 S-10 there's a tab on the underside of the wiper arm that has to be pushed before it slips off the splined shaft. If I remember rightly, I had to take some of the pressure off the wiper arm to get mine off and it was pretty tough.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have u tried to remove the nut and rock the arm back and forth? thats how they usually come off.
no, i didn't see any nut. where is this nut located? can you tell me where this nut is please? also i noticed some plastic on the arm at the base of it, is it under there? if so how does this plastic come off? thanks so much

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Plastic is just a cover and is pressed on over the lower arm- it lifts off and snaps back on.

Nut that holds the wiper blade on is underneath that.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Plastic is just a cover and is pressed on over the lower arm- it lifts off and snaps back on.

Nut that holds the wiper blade on is underneath that.
hi thanks. i tried to get this plastic cover off to access the nut underneath it but no luck getting this plastic cover off the arm. is there a special way it comes off? or what side should be pulled on? or in what direction? i didnt want to pull to hard today because i was afriad i was going to crack the plastic... please help,
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Plastic Should pull up from the base of the arm, might have to coax- or pry slightly with a screwdriver (watch not to chip plastic) - This should not give that tough a time.

Then undo nut and pull or pry wiper arm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts