Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my winter project has been put on the fast track due to an unexpected set of circumstances. I had planned to spend the winter painting the engine compartment and dropping my new 383 in the car at a nice easy pace. Unexpectedly, last week I was diagnosed with cancer and am scheduled for surgery 2 days after Christmas. I will probably be laid up for a long while so I decided it would be best to get the motor in the car now and this way when I am well again, the car will be just about finished and I could enjoy it. Here are some pics of my progress.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congratulations on the car and sorry to hear about the cancer.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrats looks great, sorry to hear about the cancer best wishes for a speedy recovery..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great job on the car. Good luck with your surgery and hope you are surrounded by family over the holidays.

Let us know hoe things went when you can.

·
Registered
69 Posts
She is a beauty!!! Sorry to hear about your illness.im sure there are a lot of old gearheads on here that still believe in prayer and we got you on the list.godspeed and keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Scott,
Great job putting the 383 in :D

That is going to be one fast 67 :yes::yes::yes::yes:

We wish you a fast recovery and our prayers are with you.

Looking forward to seeing your car in person in 2013 :cool:

Rob

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for everyone's comments. I am hoping for a speedy recovery and a healthy outcome. It is colon cancer and from what they tell me I have had it since I was 37 which is extremely young for this type of cancer. Pretty crazy, I have been super healthy my entire life so this will be an adjustment.... Hoping to fire the motor tonight so I can hear it run before I go in the hospital the day after Christmas. Thanks again for everyone's comments

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Thanks for everyone's comments. I am hoping for a speedy recovery and a healthy outcome. It is colon cancer and from what they tell me I have had it since I was 37 which is extremely young for this type of cancer. Pretty crazy, I have been super healthy my entire life so this will be an adjustment.... Hoping to fire the motor tonight so I can hear it run before I go in the hospital the day after Christmas. Thanks again for everyone's comments
Best wishes for you, and also know our thoughts and prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery:yes: New engine looks awsome:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery with your health.
You are a trooper and that will benefit your health issues in the end.
Have a safe and Merry Christmas, keep your head up and most of all keep your spirit up. All the best to you and yours and may God bless.
Oh yeah almost forgot, the motor looks sic good luck with that also.
Happy New Year and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Your engine bay is beautiful .Hang in there Brother my wife has been battling colon cancer for the last year and she is 10 years older than you and they told her that someone her age does not get cancer like she has . She is beating it and you will too .Keep a good support team around you to keep your spirits up when you are feeling down and sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and if you ever need to talk to someone you can Pm me.Good luck on your surgery and enjoy the holidays before it.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Best of luck with the surgery and hope you are still able to enjoy Christmas:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts