Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like this post has possibly been purged. It included pictures of the disassembly & reassembly process. Very well done. If anyone remembers who was the author of this post or has a copy that could be emailed I would love to get a copy.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What's with the whole secrecy thing? Why can't the rest of us have a copy? I feel left out. :(

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
PM me with yer E-Addy, i'll send 'em if ya need 'em ;)

the pages came from an NNN issue and i was told i couldn't post them... as was said "copyright".

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
PM me with yer E-Addy, i'll send 'em if ya need 'em ;)

the pages came from an NNN issue and i was told i couldn't post them... as was said "copyright".
One PM, coming up.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey Johnny,

Is the Article a 1st and 2nd Gen Article (or are 3rd and 4th basically they same??)

If so, can I get a copy as well, please ?! (or the NNN Issue and I'll see about ordering one).

I will have a little time in the next couple of weeks and that would be a fun little project, to rebuild the Vent Windows. I'll easly post up some pictures and can even put a walkthrough up on my site, since this seems to have come up multiple times in the past.

Thanks, in advance !!!
-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i had them posted in the Web-Link Library for a while... a few months ago i called NNN and asked about posting lots of their Tech articles here at the site and was told no... they had their own site being revamped and have in the wings lots of tech they'd like to post at their own site... it's long and hard work, they may not have it done yet, but they want to... so i was told no, that i couldn't post.

i'd be happy to send the info to anyone. i've had it in my files for a couple years now and have sent it out ta lots of guys... Brent, if you'd like to have the articles, i'll send 'em... you document your own rebuild and i'd love ta have copies that we could post in a link in the Library...

it's a very thorough article which covers the 1st through 3rd genners vent windo rebuild process...

all i need to send is an E-Addy...

Johnny :D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
well i've sent out copies ta 7 guys during the last day... so if everyone takes shots and would send 'em to me, i'd take the best shots from everyone and put it all together in an album that could be linked in the Web-Link Library...

or if one guy does a great job, host the album yerself and let me link it... but i don't want it to disappear in a year... so if possible, i'd still like to put together an album i can save...

some of the info in the Library's hard ta come by and it benefits so many... we need ta keep the links open and working...

thanks ta all who are doing the rebuild... any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I started to take some notes as I tore down 1 of the vent windows and IS really pretty simple (simpler then I expected !!!). I bought a pop-rivet gun and tried a couple and either I am riveting wrong or the one I bought is a Piece of crap !!!

Oh well, a couple small notes I found that were helpful and different from the NNN instructions and will definately share, but...

Did anone else notice that the window strip of felt that "...should easily pull out..." is has 2 pop rivets that hold the channel in and aren't so easy to pull out, like I presume they would be if they had been replaced once already?!

Anyone expirence or notice this?

I don't know if I'll have anything written up over the weekend, but hopefully/maybe soon (as in a 2 or 3 weeks).

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Brent once I removed the rivets, I had to gently pry the felt channel out after also prying it away from the sides to break the seal that the slight surface rust caused. They came out after some pulling and prying. I can tell you one thing the channel is not wide enough for the end of most pop rivet guns to seat against the rivet head. I used a small selfing tapping screw with the small washer that are made for pop rivets. I decided that if GM used a self tapping screw at the very top of the frame 1 more would work just fine where they used a rivet. Just make sure the screw is seated far enough in the felt so It does not touch the door glass when it is rolled down. I only used one screw at the bottom of the felt channel. The new felt channel is very tight even with just one screw. You could use some weather strip adhesive for added security. That is how I did it, but if you could find a pop rivet gun that will fit in the channel that would work easier. Cory.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts