Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of painting the 63, and took the windshield and rear window out. Was on Chevy II Onlys website, and it looks like they offer a couple different seals for the windshield and rear window. They give some measurements for a couple of them. I measured the windshield opening, and it matches part# 62003, but then part# 62003-1 says it may fit better? :confused:
Rear window is the same thing, part# 62002 and 62002-1?
Car is a 2 dr HT.

Can anyone tell me which rubber you have used and had good luck with? I definately want to be able to keep the stainless around the windows.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Windshield gasket

I know there is a different gasket for the conv., not sure about the Hardtop & Sedan.
Do yourself a favor, call NNN and they will sell you the correct gasket. They install the same parts they sell and they know what works.
See them at http://www.nnnova.com
These people sponsor this website so you people need to be buying your parts from them.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
I've used Soft Seal ones front and rear and they both leak .The water passes between the glass and the gasket instead of leaking between the gasket and the cars body.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I've used Soft Seal ones front and rear and they both leak .The water passes between the glass and the gasket instead of leaking between the gasket and the cars body.

You may not want ot hear this now but 3M makes a glass to gasket sealer that is a must when replacing the front, rear or side windows (in wagon). The product is called windo-weld part no. 08609

Also to get a solid seal with the gasket to body check into the butyl rope sealer classic industries part number kw-527 or w-527.

Soft Seal makes one of the better fitting seals for the deuce.

GG

·
Registered
242 Posts
In the process of painting the 63, and took the windshield and rear window out. Was on Chevy II Onlys website, and it looks like they offer a couple different seals for the windshield and rear window. They give some measurements for a couple of them. I measured the windshield opening, and it matches part# 62003, but then part# 62003-1 says it may fit better? :confused:
Rear window is the same thing, part# 62002 and 62002-1?
Car is a 2 dr HT.

Can anyone tell me which rubber you have used and had good luck with? I definately want to be able to keep the stainless around the windows.

Thanks guys
i also called c2o and the -1 seals are the only ones available the -1 seals fit better the 62003 ware a precision gasket and they quit carrying them and started with the softseal hence the part# change ..atleast thats what they told me when i called
craig

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I used Steele brand and they fit great. A good installation is really important though. The car has never been outside in the rain so not sure about leaks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
iam going with the steele window gaskets front/back from what ive seen all the other gaskets fit real bad in the corners,rubber sucked in the corners real bad.that looks like dog doo.stainless trim not fitting into the rubber right:eek:
don

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot for the replies. I called Metro Car World today, a place right down the road from me, and they had nothing but great things to say about the Steele stuff. Seems like a little more money, but well worth it to me if it looks good and seals!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Pricey? I wouldn't worry about it.
How much to replace the front floor pans?

Thanks alot for the replies. I called Metro Car World today, a place right down the road from me, and they had nothing but great things to say about the Steele stuff. Seems like a little more money, but well worth it to me if it looks good and seals!

Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts