Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my conv. painted and I am ready to reinstall the windshield. Anyone have any advice on whether to install the stainless on the header and pillars before installing the windshield or should I install the windshield first , then slip the trim under the rubber seal.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
You have to install the stainless into the rubber before you install the windshield.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that the trim that goes in the seal needs to be installed first. I am referring to the trim on the boy itself, like the header and pillar trim.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Can't quite remember how I did my car but I think it would be better to install the trim first. That way you have less chance of messing your paint up. If you are going to use sealer around the window you would have a better seal with the trim on first. If you need to replace a broken windshield and call a installer to replace it I don't think he would take all the trim off just to replace the window. Just my thoughts. Maybe a expert will chime in.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
JUS' PANTED MY VERT :ragtop: TOO, AND I PUT THE PIECES BACK ON FIRST, NOW FOR THE WINDSHIELD! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts