Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone !!! On my 67 sedan I noticed the right side weatherstrip ( the polished piece ) is bent up a little on the end toward the vent window. I must have snaged it with a wash mit or while drying the car. How hard are they to remove so I can straighten it out and how do you do it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Hey Everyone !!! On my 67 sedan I noticed the right side weatherstrip ( the polished piece ) is bent up a little on the end toward the vent window. I must have snaged it with a wash mit or while drying the car. How hard are they to remove so I can straighten it out and how do you do it. Thanks.
if you're speaking of the window fuzzies, then more times than not, you destroy them getting them off. they clip into the door.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Yes it's the fuzzie on the outside of the glass that has a stainless strip running the length of it. Iv'e taken the door panel off but I can't see well enough inside to see where it clips.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
You have to remove the window glass and then reach up inside the door to the strip and push up to get the fuzzie strip to release from the stainless trim.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
On 1st gens the interior side fuzzy pushes up to release but the one on the stainless outside actually slides horizontally to release. Might be the same on 2nd gens too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Info. I thought I'd try to repair it , you have to buy the whole set to replace it. I noticed both of you who wrote back are from California, I used to live in Carlsbad.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Thanks for the Info. I thought I'd try to repair it , you have to buy the whole set to replace it. I noticed both of you who wrote back are from California, I used to live in Carlsbad.

Man you left sunny beautiful Carlsbad for cold snowy Michigan, are you nuts!!? lol, kidding! Me and the family and friends try to make it out to Carlsbad every summer for a little vacation on the beach. love that town!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts