Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys
just bought a 69 Nova SS 396 / 375. Im new to the site here and Im sure this is not a new subject by no means. Not until i made the deal did the owner bring out a window sticker and show me. I know there is a web site that will make a "Clone" and i was wondering how to tell if it was real or not. this owner had the car for 5 years and he got the sticker from the previous owner so i know the sticker is at least 5 years old but have no way of going back and tracking it down. The guy i bought it from said the original block had been long gone but its got a date correct 396/375 block and the heads, intake and carb are all correct and the car has the 3/8" fuel line. Every thing on the window sticker matches the car but naturally it would if its a fake and you give the company everything currently on the car. i have a copy of the Sticker on file but not sure how to download it on here for viewing. just joined today and this is my first post.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hello Guys
just bought a 69 Nova SS 396 / 375. Im new to the site here and Im sure this is not a new subject by no means. Not until i made the deal did the owner bring out a window sticker and show me. I know there is a web site that will make a "Clone" and i was wondering how to tell if it was real or not. this owner had the car for 5 years and he got the sticker from the previous owner so i know the sticker is at least 5 years old but have no way of going back and tracking it down. The guy i bought it from said the original block had been long gone but its got a date correct 396/375 block and the heads, intake and carb are all correct and the car has the 3/8" fuel line. Every thing on the window sticker matches the car but naturally it would if its a fake and you give the company everything currently on the car. i have a copy of the Sticker on file but not sure how to download it on here for viewing. just joined today and this is my first post.
Email a scanned picture of the window sticker.I will give you an educated opinion. :yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to SNS! :yes: :yes:

The best of luck with your project and research!

Sounds like a nice ride ya got there! :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hello Guys
Check the firewall tag to see if matches the window sticker you have. Heres the link. RICK
http://www.novaresource.org/c69.htm

·
13,723 Posts
The fact the seller brought out the window sticker after the deal was made seems highly suspect to me. An original window sticker is usually right up front in the pitch to sell the car.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
window sticker

The fact the seller brought out the window sticker after the deal was made seems highly suspect to me. An original window sticker is usually right up front in the pitch to sell the car.

Bob
i asked the owner about the sticker. he said he could not validate the sticker and did not want to misrepresent the car. all he knew was the sticker came with the car when he bought it five years ago from a guy who had previously owned it for 15 years. the cowl tag matches the vin. if i was a betting man i would bet the sticker is a clone. the car has the right heads, intake, carb and the 3/8" fuel line i thinks its a original big block Nova by looking at the heater core, leather flap on top of radiator and the offset radiator mount. the car could be a clone but for they did a good job.

·
13,723 Posts
i asked the owner about the sticker. he said he could not validate the sticker and did not want to misrepresent the car. all he knew was the sticker came with the car when he bought it five years ago from a guy who had previously owned it for 15 years. the cowl tag matches the vin. if i was a betting man i would bet the sticker is a clone. the car has the right heads, intake, carb and the 3/8" fuel line i thinks its a original big block Nova by looking at the heater core, leather flap on top of radiator and the offset radiator mount. the car could be a clone but for they did a good job.
If that's how the seller presented the window sticker, good on him. If he doubted it's authenticity, he did the right thing by not presenting it as part of the sales pitch. You probably wish he hadn't presented it at all!!:)

Check the firewall tag to see if matches the window sticker you have. Heres the link.
Most of the bogus window stickers are made from owner supplied info from the cowl tag, VIN, etc. Sometimes people just send a list of all the stuff on their car, resulting in owner or dealer installed equipment showing up on the bogus window sticker as factory options. Not good.

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rally Green Nova

Anyone know how I can get in touch with Vtwinvic or whomever owns this car now.
I’m the original owner.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Anyone know how I can get in touch with Vtwinvic or whomever owns this car now.
I’m the original owner.
You can send him a private message here on the forum and see if he responds. Though it does not appear he has been an active SNS member.

There is a chance 1963wagonman got an email from him in 2012, so you can try him as well. He is a nice guy, so do not think he would mind you messaging him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome to the site vtwinvic!
You can contact the NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society) They have the original build month and day info and dealer delivered to info on Novas and other GM vehicles. They need your vin# located on the driver side of dash.Will cost you $50.00 for the info. Well worth it in my opinion.

Jim....

Hello Guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can send him a private message here on the forum and see if he responds. Though it does not appear he has been an active SNS member.

There is a chance 1963wagonman got an email from him in 2012, so you can try him as well. He is a nice guy, so do not think he would mind you messaging him.
Thanks for the info, I’ll try 1963wagonman.
I tried private messaging vtwinvic last year but got no reply.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Loumag,

What can you tell us about the car, is it a real deal L78??

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sounds like my son's '69 SS Nova, L78, M20, 3.55 Posi.... we added the v/t though because it came with triple moldings and we thought it looked bare without the black hat.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice car! Also the yellow deuce!
You’re right about the v/t, a Nova that color looks better with it.
Mine was L78, TH400, 355 posi. Ordered the auto because I found myself breaking shift linkages on my previous car (1968 Barracuda Formula S 383, 4 speed) and this one had a bunch more horses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts