Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install a window net on my Nova. Anyone have any pictures of their installs?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
631 Posts
Jim, Here's a few from my car, sorry for the poor quailty of pics. Basically I just used a 7/16" hollow rod and tig welded two nuts on each end so I could screw a bolt in each end to hold it to the tabs on the door bar so it could be easily removed. On the top I welded a threaded bung to the main hoop and used a rod end and welded that to the upper 7/16" rod so it would swivle up and down, there are many ways to do it but this is what I found to work for me. Hope it helps ya out some! Scott

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Window net

Thanks Scott for the pics. That helps a lot. I did get an installation kit with the net, but the angle of the bottom of the net is not the same as the diagonal on my roll cage. I'll need to fab something for that. I guess it depends on how strict tech is for a net.
Thanks again,

Jim

·
Registered
631 Posts
AZNova said:
Thanks Scott for the pics. That helps a lot. I did get an installation kit with the net, but the angle of the bottom of the net is not the same as the diagonal on my roll cage. I'll need to fab something for that. I guess it depends on how strict tech is for a net.
Thanks again,

Jim
I had the same problem with the first RJS net I bought and I ended up and had to buy one from Stroud that fit perfect to the bars.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window net

Will it be problem if the net is 2 or 3 inches higher (on the low end) than the diagonal bar? What does tech look for?
Jim

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Be sure the net mounts and latch is on the inside of the roll cage if you want it to be legal. The net is suppose to keep your hands and head inside the car so if you mount it to the top A Pillar bar or Halo bar it will be legal at the bottom. The front of the net should be at least even with the steering wheel too. Hope that helps. RM

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RM thats what I needed to know.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts