Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Window felt - which type?

I need to replace my window felt. I found there are two styles: "original" and "replacement". The only difference is supposed to be the shape of the chrome/stainless strip - the "original" is rounded and the "replacement" is flat. I can get the "replacement" for about half the "original".

Originality is not a concern for me. Quality and appearance are important.

Can't tell enough from photos to see the difference. Would I be making a mistake to get the cheaper flat ones?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
There are repro round bead versions, they need to be trimmed - but fit very well. The flat bead versions fit 'ok', but they look really strange - JMHO!

FWIW, I had a full set of flat bead fuzzies given to me for this car, and I went and bought a full set of round beads anyway! No regrets!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replacement window felts

I bought a set of the replacement felts and I think they are a waste of money. The flat chrome edge isn't bad but the felt part is a v shape and they don't shed any water instead they funnel all the water down the sides of the door.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Agree....I wouldn't buy the flat version, they do cost a bit less are much inferior to the round bead versions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts