Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so my 72 nova came with a set of window felts for the rear quarter windows. The set has 8 pieces but only 4 can be used? Two sets have screw holes, the other two sets have clips. Can you use either set? If not how do I know which set works on my car? My rear interior panels already have the inner felts on them, so I'm just trying to put the felts on the exterior side of the glass. There are two rectangular holes in the metal on the quarter panel, I was assuming the clips went in here? Or do you metal trim screws with the pieces that have screw holes? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe you could post a good pic of what you have and get some responses? Did these parts come in a package or just loose pieces? Any part numbers?
You may be looking at more than just the fuzzies too. The pieces with the holes, are they U shaped?

·
Registered
504 Posts
On my '72 I used the PUI 0211-1 felt kit. It came w/ 8 pieces. The rear outers had clips and also screw holes on the ends. Interestingly, the front outers only had the clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the two holes that look like the clips would go in here. The second pic is of the two pieces, one with clips, one with several wholes in the felt. My interior panels already have the interior felt attached to them. I'm wondering if the piece with the holes is a replacement to go on your actual interior panel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For my 69 I got the same kit as Alf. Install the rear quarter outers with the clips , inserting them in the slots. Check your car for holes for a screw to further secure the felt at either end and reuse them or just drill new ones and use 3/8" long flat head phillips screws.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nova8287, I think you've answered your own question and now looking to us for confirmation.
Here it is.....yes.
The piece without the clips is intended to be installed on the rear inside panel which you have described as "already installed" in your original post. I was faced with the same confusion a while back.
You're good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts