Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just got a '71 nova 2D, in looking it over the felt/weatherstrip that's in the window channel is really bad. Which of the available re-pops are the best and who has them? I'd like to replace both front doors and the rear windows also, i have new outer "fuzzies" that go along the top edge of the door (bottom outside of the window) and the rears too.
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked at parts123, the channel weatherstrip looks to be just a roll of the stuff, not molded like the door-frame for the corners..etc. :-(
Guess i'll keep looking, any other reccomendations?
Don

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
Looked at parts123, the channel weatherstrip looks to be just a roll of the stuff, not molded like the door-frame for the corners..etc. :-(
Guess i'll keep looking, any other reccomendations?
Don
From what I've seen & purchased, they're all like that regardless of where you buy it.

And the originals I've seen weren't molded to fit in the corner either. They just had a V-shaped notch cut in them so they'd fit the corner. Just use your old ones as a guide to cut the notch in the new ones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, i didn't know that the channel corners wasn't molded. :) The PO had stripped the interior for painting, lots of stuff is just gone so i've got nothing to compare against. lol
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
637 Posts
Try Lutty's.com they had the fuzzies for mine and you have an option of oversees or local products (a little bit more) but there well built and fit nicely

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i'll look at their fuzzies. The PO said he had a new set in the box, and new acc carpet also that i need to pickup.
Thnks
Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts