Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I have seen it done well on the front window, but the back glass is tricky at the corners because of the sharp angle.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I did just this on my front and back glass. I went to a good sized auto upholstery supply shop and they had smaller and regular size pinch weld push on moulding. I got the smaller for the windows. It fits pretty darn good and is much cheaper than the plastic original trim. The corners on the rear window should have metal pieces that make the turn. I just pinched the moudling down a little with pliers at the corners so the metals peices would lay flatter. I think it looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did just this on my front and back glass. I went to a good sized auto upholstery supply shop and they had smaller and regular size pinch weld push on moulding. I got the smaller for the windows. It fits pretty darn good and is much cheaper than the plastic original trim. The corners on the rear window should have metal pieces that make the turn. I just pinched the moudling down a little with pliers at the corners so the metals peices would lay flatter. I think it looks great.
Thanks for the info.

The pieces that go in the corners are missing from my car. They do sell them at Classic, but they're $22.

Do you have any pics that you can post?

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
My SS has pinch welt around the rear window. It's cut at the corners. I keep saying i'm gonna buy the correct stuff, just never seem to do it.

If you don't get a pick Lyndon, you can check mine out at the Hat in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My SS has pinch welt around the rear window. It's cut at the corners. I keep saying i'm gonna buy the correct stuff, just never seem to do it.

If you don't get a pick Lyndon, you can check mine out at the Hat in a couple weeks.
Thanks Dave.
Classic has the correct kit for about $70. I probably should just buy the kit.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Thanks for the info.

The pieces that go in the corners are missing from my car. They do sell them at Classic, but they're $22.

Do you have any pics that you can post?
I had all of the other trim pieces for the front and back window, you might as well spend the $70.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts