Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fronts

Sorry, I was referring to the fronts, specifically if the caliper mounts forward or in the rear, or does it matter? Also the rotor cap screw off counter & clock wise, so there is an L & R but I was unable to find any designation.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Calipers go toward the rear. I don't remember a right and left on the caps, seems to me mine aren't threaded on the Wilwoods on the 72. I have Strange on the 71 so it's hard to remember what ones have what. RM

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I have'em up front. And from what I believe there was no left/right as far as the screw on dust caps. If still you need the directions, I could try and find them, scan'em and email them.

·
Banned
726 Posts
nova10sec said:
Sorry, I was referring to the fronts, specifically if the caliper mounts forward or in the rear, or does it matter? Also the rotor cap screw off counter & clock wise, so there is an L & R but I was unable to find any designation.

Thanks
The caliper mounts to the back. the caliper bracket is in front and screws from the backside because the caliper bracket has threaded sleeves pressed in them. Use the spacers in the kit between the spindle and the caliper bracket. My studs are in the 5x4-3/4" bolt holes not 4.5. Hope this helps !
-Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts