Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Wilwood brakes for the front of my 63' nova project and noticed the spindle has to be modified. Has anyone had to do this and what is involved in the process?

Thanks in advance fellas.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Can't answer the spindle question, but make sure you have the correct lugnuts as wilwoods use 1/2" vs the stock 7/16" studs

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
I have them on my car just finished it up about a month ago. Mine are not an off the shelf kit though. The only thing I had to do was cut off the upper boss on the spindle because it was not being used.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
This isn't my for my Chevy II, it's for my '63 C-10 project, but it should help give you an idea of what I did. I had to machine my spindles and fabricate a caliper bracket to run a set of SL6 calipers and 12.75" rotors. Check with Wilwood, because I think they offer something for the larger brakes like nova65ss mentioned with minimal spindle alteration for the Chevy II/Novas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok so i found the proper instructions for the kit i have, and they say i have to tap one of the existing holes and enlarge another so that the kit bolts on properly. It is nothing too major. Here are the specific instructions for those interested.

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds448.pdf

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No not yet, main goal is to get the motor/tranny/9" in, then i will do the front/rear suspension in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts