Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
There is a 11" Wilwood kit that works with the CPP 2" drop spindles. There are other Wilwood kits available as well depending on wheel size. PM me if you need information.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a link, pics, or more info? Is it just a redesigned caliper mount?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gee, that's hard to say. Let Me Google That For You.

Or you could try calling Wilwood AT 805-388-1188.

http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechContact.aspx
Thanks troll, let me know what you find.

edit: Previously I did a search and found replies that said when people spoke to Wilwood they were told certain wheels would clear the brakes only to find out they actually do not. So I'm not going to rely on the tech line about spindle compatability if someone here has real world exerience with the fitment. And I cannot call them anyway during normal business hours.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comes out about the same in the end though, 17s are more than double the cost of 15s (looking at blank steel wheels). I do have a full set of front and rear ls brakes just waiting....but I do like a different width wheel front to back and this is not possible with the 17" steel wheels. With Wilwoods, either wheel would work. I think I'm going to have to flip a coin :cool:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Going off that this will work, I believe both Chuck and Walt, but there is interference between the caliper bracket and spindle.
What would be better to grind/machine on to make this fit?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Here is a picture of the interference:

Here is were the caliper bracket hits the spindle:

Looks like I either need a different bracket, or just use my stock spindles.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Another thing I noticed is on the CPP drop spindles I'll need a spacer on the top bolt. Maybe thats my issue. The CPP spindle is not flat like the stock spindle.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Also, make sure your bracket is for a dropped spindle. Like I mentioned below, it is clocked lower on the spindle to rotate the caliper down away from the upper arm. When you set it on the ground, turn the wheel to each side fully, and make sure there's no interference. Make sure the front end is fully loaded. Ask me how I know this.

I almost bought a 1967 big block Corvette because a certain manufacturer's bracket wasn't clocked with their dropped spindle. If it jams against the upper arm, you WILL NOT have any brakes......no matter who made it....

T,

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Not sure if this will help but I had some custom wilwoods made for my car a few years ago that were zero offset. Long story short and I ended up flipping the caliper brackets to opposite sides and running the calipers on the front side of the wheel rather than the rear. Just a thought anyway I had the same problem as tomm it was hitting at full lock but moving them to the front took care of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts