Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I tried for hours to get a set of SB Hookers Super Comp headers from a 67-69 Camaro to work on mine (no AC). Could not be done without a hammer and since they were not mine, I was not going to try that.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
From what I remember when I ordered my exhaust it was for those years Camaros, however the headers... no clue on that. Oh yeah, I also had to sawzall the rear hangers off, reweld them in different locations but the pipes fit like a glove.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
I paid $150 for my headers from Don's Hot Rod Shop and the 2.5" mandrel bent Magnaflow system was $450 and included all the hangers and clamps. The exhaust shop on Fort Lowell, just east of Oracle can make you a system from the headers back for about $350 installed. If you need the high flow cats to pass emission checks it would be a little more. i kive in a non test area.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. Is it difficult to install headers? I've read problems them clearing AC components.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good to know. Is it difficult to install headers? I've read problems them clearing AC components.
IIRC all you need to do is put a spacer in for one bracket and use a regular bolt.

Since Philip helped me out I'm willing to pay it forward. I have a set of headers (no idea who made them) I'm willing to give you. I may even have a set of new header bolts. The kicker is I'm on the far west side of the valley in Waddell and I'm not willing to ship them.

Depending on what I end up doing on my exhaust I may have a pair of cats too. But I'm not willing to commit to that just yet. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since Philip helped me out I'm willing to pay it forward. I have a set of headers (no idea who made them) I'm willing to give you. I may even have a set of new header bolts. The kicker is I'm on the far west side of the valley in Waddell and I'm not willing to ship them.

Depending on what I end up doing on my exhaust I may have a pair of cats too. But I'm not willing to commit to that just yet. :)
All you Nova guys are just the nicest bunch, but I just want to get my self some bran spankin' new Headers.

It sucks we all live on the opposite sides of this wide town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts