Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My father owns a 1966 Nova Chevy II 2-Door Hardtop (non-SS) which through an unfortunate series of events no longer has its original rocker molding/ trim. I am looking at getting a new set for his birthday and he has mentioned that he would like to get SS rocker molding rather than the regular Chevy II molding.
My question is if a set of 66 Nova SS rocker molding pieces would be mountable on a non-SS body? I can't imagine the two trim models would be that different, yet looking at the mounting holes on the rocker panel I can't see how all of the pieces would fit. There does not appear to be a place to mount the pieces for the lower part of the door nor the "extension" pieces.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
705 Posts
My 66 Sport coupe had the holes in the rocker panels too we just welded them up and I just figured if I was gonna go with SS trim I would just lay out new holes to go with what choice I make.. Im going with non-SS rocker trim. :yes:
Any style of trim will fit, laying out the holes for the clips is the Important part.

·
Vendor
1,933 Posts
The trim will fit to a 2-door coupe body by drilling the needed holes and the appropriate attaching clips. The assembly manual should show how it properly mounts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!

That's what I figured regarding mounting holes, I'll have to ask him if he is willing to make the modification to fit these new moldings.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts